Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

to make matters more infuriating, I received two separate "rates and fees" sections with my card with APRs that don't match
Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 111 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jigglypuff wrote:
to make matters more infuriating, I received two separate "rates and fees" sections with my card with APRs that don't match

Just got my card like 15 mins ago. It looks cool. The pattern reminds me a bit of the jetblue cards. I also got two different "Account Agreements." One claiming 24.99% and the other saying 24.74%. I tried checking the website to see of there was a link to download a cardholder agreement so I could see which was accurate. No dice. Guess I'm calling them. Might call Credit solutions as well about a CLI at activation. I'll report back.

Message 112 of 139
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved for $2000 with a 670 TU.  I think WM store card has to go now.  Don't use it anyway. 

Message 113 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

No dice on the CLI (not surprised). I figure the account it still too new.

As for the Account Agreements, it was confirmed that my interest rate is 24.99%. She couldn't give me a clear answer as to why but It appears that one is a revised agreement where the other is from when the card was first introduced back in June, I think it was.

Either way, I'm happy my card is here and I know it will grow after 3 or 4 statements.

Message 114 of 139
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

They want me to fax my two forms.

I'm so frustrated about my $300 limit. Recon rejected me today, but I may try again tomorrow. 

My TU FICO is 782. 

I have a six-figure income. 

They approved me for tier I APR. 

Credit Karma says my average age of open accounts is 4.5 years. 

I had four inquiries (two within the last twelve months) on my report at the time.

I've had my Ebates Visa Signature since 2014 -- perfect payment history, etc. I've never gotten a CLI on this despite using every month.

I was approved for Care Credit in January. They did approve a CLI when I activated. I have 0% on it until February, so I'm taking advantage.

Those are my only other Synchrony cards.

I'd be surprised if I hit an internal limit with them given what I read on here -- some have way more credit with Synchrony with lower scores and less income. 

Does anyone know if Synchrony moves limits? I would move a few thousand dollars from my other two Synchrony cards so I could actually use my new PayPal Mastercard. Just given that my Ebates Visa Signature has never grown, I'm not confident my PayPal Mastercard will.

Congrats to everyone on approvals (and on usable limits!)!!!

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 115 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just approved for the Paypal Cash back MasterCard for $700 credit line. But im sure it will grow. I now have 2 accounts with Paypal, one is Paypal Credit by comenity and now the Paypal Cash back MC .
I mainly use this 2% Cash back for gas. I'm gonna close synchrony chevrontexaco gas card $2000 credit line since it has no rewards .
Message 116 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Got an email today to activate my Paypal Cashback MC and I haven't even received the card yet. Still nothing about it in my Paypal account. I'm gonna give it until Tuesday and if nothing comes I'm gonna call them to see what's going on.

Message 117 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kamina, I got that same email on Saturday. Card came in later tha day.
Message 118 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous, I got that same email on Saturday. Card came in later tha day.

Yeah, just got the card today in the mail and activated. Also received two agreements one with a 16.74% APR and 16.99% APR. Guess the second one is the actual one. Still nothing about the card in my Paypal account though :/

Message 119 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else is keeping track. I just got off the phone with CS and there currently is NO product change available from Extras MC, to this new 2% Cashback Card

Bummer. I've had this card since the "upgrade" last spring and only used it once. It's a shame really, this card is SD'd indefinitely. 

Message 120 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.