Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Approval

Just applied for a Paypal Extras/GEMB card and was approved with a $500 CL. Had to call the 800# for additional verification due to placing alerts on my CRs. No idea what CB they pulled yet.. But will be glad to finally be able to cancel my First Premier card.

Couple of questions:

* How generous is GEMB with CLIs?

* How soon can I get a CLI?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal Approval

4 billing cycles

no they suck at CLI, probably very small

Message 2 of 19
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for a Paypal Extras/GEMB card and was approved with a $500 CL. Had to call the 800# for additional verification due to placing alerts on my CRs. No idea what CB they pulled yet.. But will be glad to finally be able to cancel my First Premier card.

Couple of questions:

I'm interested in hearing about this, as well. I'm strongly considering replacing First Premier with Paypal Extras towards the end of this year, after my recent inquiries fall off. The FP card is the one that my husband uses for all of his purchases and I want to replace it with something better... something with no AF that offers some sort of rewards. He uses Paypal quite a bit, so this seems like it would be a good option for him.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Paypal would be great replacement for FP (heck, anything would be!)

also Bill Me later (but don't believe that reports)

Message 4 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. It is not a bad card. I started with $600 CL and now it is at $3200 CL after cli requests every 4 months.

Message 5 of 19
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Couple of questions:

I got the card back in March. They started me with $2,000 and gave me an auto increase of $1,000 either in August or September so up to 3k now.

I've never requested an increase and haven't seen the option to do so when I log in.

Their APR is ridiculous. Mine is 24.99%, my highest APR ever. I've used the card less than 5 times since I got it and won't ever use it if I need to carry a balance.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 19
tobey
Contributor

I started with $2000 and they gave me an auto CLI to $6000 after 4 months.

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Ugh. Was wondering when paypal's site was going to update and show me additional access. 

Apparently I was approved for "Smart Connect". I applied for the MC. The service rep who I spoke to on the phone did not mention either one of them. He just said I was approved and gave me an amount. I'm a bit disappointed.

Any way to get them to recon? Change the account?

Message 8 of 19
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: Ugh. Was wondering when paypal's site was going to update and show me additional access. 

Apparently I was approved for "Smart Connect". I applied for the MC. The service rep who I spoke to on the phone did not mention either one of them. He just said I was approved and gave me an amount. I'm a bit disappointed.

Any way to get them to recon? Change the account?

The application is for both, I don't think you can apply exclusively.   I was approved for Smart Connect in December.    I am hopeful that it will get upgraded in the future.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Smart connect reported? If so, as what? An installment or revolving account?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.