Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Approval

Smart connect is reported the same as a CC. If you have/apply for the paypal debit card, you can link it to charge to your smart connect account (when your paypal balance is $0). Just like using a CC and you get 1% cash back.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Paypal card with $400 CLI. Had to call for second part of the app process.

EQ 610 TU 624 EX (FAKO) 703

I did not get a Equifax pull, don't know about the other two yet.

Message 12 of 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the SmartConnect with a CL of  $800 - big deal!  LOL....

I did tie this to the PayPal Debit Card for the 1% cash back. This comes as a credit to your PayPal account.

The APR is super high and the CL is low, so in my case, I only use this combination for eBay related stuff. And, I push the payment to them so it credits right away rather than wait for them to pull... They can be a bit on the slow side.

For the most part, it just sits......

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful... My smart connect account was closed after six months because a payment was returned...that was the reason. other than that, my payments was on time with no lates.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 5 months decided to apply for a CLI earlier last week. I usually keep the balance very low, maybe $40 reported but usually at $0. I applied through the paypal "request CLI" button on the website. It was a soft pull, did not receive a response through the webpage. Ended up receiving a letter via snail mail a few days later stating that the CLI was declined due to: too many new accounts, a derogatory TL and balance on one or more accounts.

Smart Connect is slow to process payments, often taking 3 days roughly when submitting the payment via paypal.com. I have billpay set up through a few bank accounts.. That usually ends up taking 4 or 5 days to process.

Message 15 of 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

For me, the payments has always posted right away....

Ray

Ray

Message 16 of 19
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

My GEMB cards (Lowe's and JCP) always take a couple of days to show the payment online, but the payment is out of my bank account within 48 hours.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just got the Paypal Extras MC. I was approve instantly for 6,000 and they pulled TU.

Message 18 of 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I just logged on to PayPal to make sure my last payment posted. It did...

I also noticed they gave me a $200 CLI to $1000.00! Did not ask for this.

Small I know - but at least a CLI!

Ray

Ray

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.