Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal CLI denied... never guess why...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal CLI denied... never guess why...

Clicked the CLI button for shiggles the other day and was denied. Received the mailer and almost wet my pants laughing at the reason:

"At this time, we are unable to approve your requet due to insufficient experience at your curent credit line."

Umm... yeah, jerkwads, that's because the $500 credit limit that I had through you for two and a half years was HALVED in the middle of last year, despite my credit score being 100 points higher than when you issued it to me, and to be blunt I fart $250 so a credit limit in that amount is utterly useless. Socked the card away. Only requested an increase to bring my utilization down even further.

This in the same day that I'm getting low APR card invites. lol Kinda ridiculous. Thought it might make someone else laugh too.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paypal CLI denied... never guess why...

thearmofbarlow wrote:

Clicked the CLI button for shiggles the other day and was denied. Received the mailer and almost wet my pants laughing at the reason:

"At this time, we are unable to approve your requet due to insufficient experience at your curent credit line."

Umm... yeah, jerkwads, that's because the $500 credit limit that I had through you for two and a half years was HALVED in the middle of last year, despite my credit score being 100 points higher than when you issued it to me, and to be blunt I fart $250 so a credit limit in that amount is utterly useless. Socked the card away. Only requested an increase to bring my utilization down even further.

This in the same day that I'm getting low APR card invites. lol Kinda ridiculous. Thought it might make someone else laugh too.

This is pretty much a standard GEMB response.  (I've personally seen it way too many times.)  At one point you got this if you tried to get a CLI w/o having your current CL for at least 4 statements.  (Not months...  Statements...)  I'm not sure if this is true anymore, but sheesh it's frustrating.

One thing I've personally noticed with GEMB is that they love me.  Who knows why.

Accts: 

Orig Care Credit 500 (closed)

Old Navy -- started at 300/500/800/1100

Ikea -- started at 2400/3000

Care Credit 2000

Amazon Store Card 1400

I'm sure I'm missing one  -- and no, I'm not counting the Lowe's pre-app I got at the register and never jumped on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

never gotten that on a gemb card, but i've seen it on a couple of our wfnnb cards.
Message 3 of 9
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I was daring and clicked the button once or twice during the first 4 or 5 months with my Sam's Discover. In month six I did it again and got the same message but I got a letter in the mail within days saying it was a mistake and they'd raise my limit.
Message 4 of 9
asanch12
Contributor

i got the same message with my Discover more card last week.  im a few weeks away from 3 months,since my last increase.  i'll wait, i dont want any AA.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
sirus73

Where is this request button located?

Message 6 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

IF it still shows up, it doesn't work anymore.

You'll have to call them on the telephone.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 9
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I get this msg every time lol
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You cant honestly expect a creditor to give you more credit when you dont use it............... Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.