cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Cashback MC reporting as Paypal Extras MC?

tag
SBR249
Established Contributor

Paypal Cashback MC reporting as Paypal Extras MC?

Hi all,

I applied for a Paypal 2% cashback MC online a few days ago and had to call in because they couldn't verify my phone number. They approved me over the phone and told me my new SL. The email that I received that told me to call in said that my app was for the Paypal Cashback MC. 

But later in the day I got an alert from C1's CreditWise monitoring for the TU hard pull and the requester on there was listed as by "SYNCB/PPEXTR" which made me think that it was for the Paypal Extras MC instead. So I called in to Synchrony and asked the CSR. They assured me that I apped for and was approved for the 2% cashback card and I specifically asked them to confirm that it wasn't for the Extras MC and they said yes it's for the "cashback card". 

Today, the card reported to EX and it's again listed as "SYNCB/Paypal Extras MC".

So is this what it reports as for all Paypal MC cards by Synchrony or did the bank actually make a mistake? Because I'm 100% positive I apped the right card on the website and it says it can't process another application when I try right on the website which confirms I apped the right card. 

Sorry for the long winded post. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Cashback MC reporting as Paypal Extras MC?

I have the 2% card my wife has the other they both report as SYNCB/PPEXTR hope this helps
Message 2 of 5
SBR249
Established Contributor

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. Maybe that's just what Synchrony calls their Paypal side of the business for everything.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes my BF has the 2% card, same reporting.. 

Message 4 of 5
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Paypal Extras Mastercard, PayPal Cashback Mastercard, and Ebay Mastercards all report as SYNCB/PAYPALEXTRASMC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.