Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Cashback Mastercard 2% - No more FTF

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Paypal Cashback Mastercard 2% - No more FTF CreditCuriousity

I think I heard that Synchrony isn't giving out large CLI's for this card? If so, then that is the only real negative that I can see.

No minimum redemption, and soon no FTF is pretty awesome for a 2% card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

uh.. BF got $3000 SL and he's only had credit like 6 months LOL - before that he always used cash

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks OP! Good information. The FTF was holding me back from applying for this card as I spend a great deal of time out of the country. This thread (and one other) lead me to apply for this card!  Approved for $3K SL. Hope they are good about increases in the future!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks OP! Good information. The FTF was holding me back from applying for this card as I spend a great deal of time out of the country. This thread (and one other) lead me to apply for this card!  Approved for $3K SL. Hope they are good about increases in the future!

i see that you already have that penfed 2% card. did you get paypal as a backup??? 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i see that you already have that penfed 2% card. did you get paypal as a backup??? 

I applied for both within a couple of hours of each other.  I applied for PenFed first because it is a great credit union and everyone here seems to love them.  However, another MyFicoer has had good experiences with his Paypal card which lead me to thinking maybe Paypal should have been a viable opiton. I also thought about the $500 deposit for a checking account and the minimum redemption of $5 for PenFed that others have reported on here. Whereas, with Paypal I don't have to have a $500 deposit into checking and I can redeem for as little as 1 cent. Also, I was hoping my CL would be a little higher with Paypal.  That didn't work out so well. Paypal was actually $1K less than PenFed. 

But, I will use both of them. I will compare how they are with foreign transactions (I spend a great deal of time outside of the country), customer service and CLI. Depending on the results, one of them will be for my authorized user's primary use. The other one, will be for my primary use. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on this information I applied for it. I shared my poor experience here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/PayPal-Mastercard-decline-due-to-freeze/td-...

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.