Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Cashback Mastercard

tag
Johnmccoy2710
Valued Member

Paypal Cashback Mastercard

I have a paypal account and keep receiving an invitation to apply for a Paypal Cashback Mastercard. Im in a rebuilding stage of my credit. A bankruptcy was discharged 1 year ago and my scores are like in the high 660's. What are my chances? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Paypal Cashback Mastercard

No prediction is perfect. I was not a Sync account holder ever. I got approved almost 4 yrs out. Score of 728. Any past dealings with them that went bad? Plus I'm sure it doesnt matter. But had a PP account for eBay since they opened.

What other cards do you have?

Message 2 of 10
Johnmccoy2710
Valued Member

I dont think any Synch accounts were included. I do have a paypal credit account that has a 3500 limit. Always paid in full and never late. Would love to have the card so I could chunk one of my awful subprime cards. Just hate to take the credit inquiry hit for nothing, I read somewhere they like to see 2 years after a BK however they did approve me for the paypal account credit.

Message 3 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Its still Sync. Any reason to have almost the same thing outside of the CB? Who got burned. Theres others like Disco unless burned.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an invitation for Paypal credit first and decided to chance it. I was approved for $1000 on August 9th, used it for a couple of small things that I paid off right away.

Rolled the dice on the MasterCard and was shockingly given $5,000. So far Amex is good to me, but Capital One is 300-500 and most others don't want to know me!

My history is different than yours and really doesn't tell you anything about your own chances. Have you been applying elsewhere? Do you have any cards at present?

Capital One, Discover and Amex all have fairly good pre-qualification sites.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not unusual to see Sync approve people with your scores but I don't know about the BK. Honestly it's worth a HP to find out. It's a pretty decent card. 

Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not unusual to see Sync approve people with your scores but I don't know about the BK. Honestly it's worth a HP to find out. It's a pretty decent card. 

He/she may have a small chance with the reg PP credit that Sync handles. Unless Sync likes to see some history before the MC version.

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well there is always the $300 sl like i gotSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I included a couple Sync cards in my 2010 BK7. They approved me for a Walmart store just barely a year post discharge in 2012, Amazon store card in 2014, Lowes in 2015, and the PayPal MC in 2017 w/ $7k SL. Sync seems pretty accommodating with a BK on the credit report.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I included a couple Sync cards in my 2010 BK7. They approved me for a Walmart store just barely a year post discharge in 2012, Amazon store card in 2014, Lowes in 2015, and the PayPal MC in 2017 w/ $7k SL. Sync seems pretty accommodating with a BK on the credit report.

They don't mind young BK for store cards but the majors they tend to be stricter. Lots of BK denials for Marvel, for example. But PayPal seems to be pretty easy to get so it's probably a good shot. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.