Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit and Paypal MC: CLI expectations

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Paypal Credit and Paypal MC: CLI expectations

I have had a Paypal Credit account for 3 months, and Paypal MC for a little over a month. For some reason I didn't have a statement cut on the MC even though it showed a due date of 6/17 with no payment due. I guess the first statement wil cut any day now and be due 7/17.

I love Paypal Credit! Have never seen any link for a CLI.

The typical Synchrony luv button shows on the MC. I have yet to hit it, but like a mermaid to a sailor at see, the siren song is in my ears.

I have read scattered accounts of needing to wait until the 4th statement cuts prior to requesting a CLI. Is this in fact the case? Does this Paypal MC grow like other Synchrony cards?

Are CLI requests available for Paypal credit online? I know I haven't seen any, but they may just be turned of for me.

Thanks for any responses!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Paypal Credit and Paypal MC: CLI expectations

Paypal MC "usually" will give you an increase at 4 months ( although some may have gotten earlier) , this synch card usually runs the 4 cycle CLI.

Paypal credit does not offer a CLI option, but now that the tradeline will not be hidden and synch fully takes over, who knows we may see a "CLI" button. I think alot will welcome it, but alot of others would prefer the tradeline to stay hidden if we had a choiceSmiley LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote: ... alot of others would prefer the tradeline to stay hidden if we had a choiceSmiley LOL

I camp with these people!

Thanks for the info!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Paypal MC "usually" will give you an increase at 4 months ( although some may have gotten earlier) , this synch card usually runs the 4 cycle CLI.

Paypal credit does not offer a CLI option, but now that the tradeline will not be hidden and synch fully takes over, who knows we may see a "CLI" button. I think alot will welcome it, but alot of others would prefer the tradeline to stay hidden if we had a choiceSmiley LOL

Yes, I guess the "usually: is needed!  I just got the letter as to why my request was denied after 6 months/statements was basically account no opened long enough.   I've put about $25K (total) through in those months, guess I need to wait a little longer!

Message 4 of 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

... I just got the letter as to why my request was denied after 6 months/statements was basically account no opened long enough.   I've put about $25K (total) through in those months, guess I need to wait a little longer!

Well that is disconcerting.  Would you mind sharing some DPs?

Message 5 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes, I guess the "usually: is needed!  I just got the letter as to why my request was denied after 6 months/statements was basically account no opened long enough.   I've put about $25K (total) through in those months, guess I need to wait a little longer!

Sounds like my "marvel" card, that was longer than the 4 month synch boat and not much of an increase. Ebates was a no go at 4 months.

But darn thats a lot of spend going through there with no luvSmiley Sad @longtimelurker 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my PayPal 2% MC for 14 months, SL $2000. I spend about $350 each month and always PIF. Countless CLI denials, only granted twice (at 6 months and 10 months), for only $500 each time => $3000 CL.

It's been 4 months since the last CLI. I tried again today, for another $500. Holy moly! They gave me 6X what I asked for!

We are pleased to inform you that, effective immediately,
your credit limit has been increased to $6,000.00.

Your increased credit limit is available for immediate use.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mikesonthemend,

Pertaining to the Paypal credit question, we are currently in a temporary lockdown status through the 24th.  You can still send money and transact but unable to make payments to your account.  Reason being, they are adding additional features, which will include the ability to request a CLI!!!  Hang in there for a couple of days and happy hunting:-)

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Did you ever call them????

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Sync-Paypal-CLI/m-p/5647228#M233017

Call 877-379-8175.. this goes to their senior agents that can make things happen.

Message 9 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Did you ever call them????

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Sync-Paypal-CLI/m-p/5647228#M233017

Call 877-379-8175.. this goes to their senior agents that can make things happen.

Yes I called.   But it turns out my TU report was frozen again (thought it would freeze the next day but apparently not).  I decided to wait for the letter before unfreezing and calling again, in case there was something actionable in the reason

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.