Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit and Paypal MC: CLI expectations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Credit and Paypal MC: CLI expectations

I don't get the freezing / locking of reports.  If there's fraud it's covered by the CCC as long as you report it.  To me it's a bit over the top if you're actively using, watching, and trying to apply for CLI /new apps.

Message 11 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't get the freezing / locking of reports.  If there's fraud it's covered by the CCC as long as you report it.  To me it's a bit over the top if you're actively using, watching, and trying to apply for CLI /new apps.

Freezing is really to prevent identity theft rather than simple fraud on an account (which freezing doesn't prevent).Identity theft is (so I am told!) very time-consuming to resolve so it's worth preventing.   I very rarely apply for cards, and this is the first one for which a CLI requires an unlocked account.

Now freezing and unfreezing is free everywhere, and fairly easy to manage online, I think it's well worth it.

Message 12 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Mikesonthemend,

Pertaining to the Paypal credit question, we are currently in a temporary lockdown status through the 24th.  You can still send money and transact but unable to make payments to your account.  Reason being, they are adding additional features, which will include the ability to request a CLI!!!  Hang in there for a couple of days and happy hunting:-)

Thanks for the update, @Anonymous! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know that, now that they are with Sync, they will be sending out an acutal card to everyone? Or will is still be an online only thing?

Message 14 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

Does anyone know that, now that they are with Sync, they will be sending out an acutal card to everyone? Or will is still be an online only thing?

I doubt there will be a physical card as it's used for internet purchases only. I CAN tell you there's a love button now though.

Message 15 of 19
littledreamer

I recently had the Paypal MC approved..I received an email today that the physical card wll arrive to me within 2-5 days.

EX: 713
EQ: 679
TU: 686
CapitalOne Platinum (secured):$500 | Discover IT: $2K | Chase Freedom Unlimited: $1.2K | AMEX BCE: $6K | PP MC: $2K
Paypal Credit: $1.25K

Gardening since: June 2019
Message 16 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@littledreamer wrote:

I recently had the Paypal MC approved..I received an email today that the physical card wll arrive to me within 2-5 days.

Thats about the time it took to get mine. I finally got a statement to cut after approval April 13th. I called and asked when is it going to post? They told me July. No it was 2 days ago. So maybe this update held things up a bit I suppose. Glad I had a low balnce due. Whew!  I tried to move the statement date. They dont do that. So I guess were all on the 25th staement date and 17th due date.

Thanks Jnbmom for the CLI info too.

Message 17 of 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

So I guess were all on the 25th staement date and 17th due date.

My PayPal MC , with 17th as due date, reported to all three on the 24th.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 18 of 19
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

I tried to move the statement date. They dont do that. So I guess were all on the 25th staement date and 17th due date.

I'm new to Paypal Cashback MC, but it looks like I can make my due date the 2nd, 7th, 12th or 17th.  (Ask Sydney, the virtual assistant.)

I wish there were more choices, but at least it is somewhat under my control.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.