Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit unavailable 4 days in June

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Paypal Credit unavailable 4 days in June

Just got email that due to maintensnce servicing, you will not be able to do anything with Paypal Credit from June 20-June 24 including no payments, seeing your account or talking to a csr. Make payments before hand as neither mobile nor normal website will be availble. Perhaps the official changeover?
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Paypal Credit unavailable 4 days in June

Should I apply for an account now, or wait until after "maintenance" and they start reporting to the bureaus? 😈

Message 2 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Like this one?Like this one?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I speculate it is an overhaul of the system to fall in line with what the other Sync sites all look like such as CareCredit, lowes, etc..  Into their generic web sites for each card they offer.  Whether they will start reporting is the 1 million dollar question and if so I would imagine CLI is available although it certainly would lose some of its usefulness being hidden, but for some the 0% financing for 6 months and no rewards would be worth it.  Somehow I speculate they might start reporting and hopefully if they do they date the account opened correctly.  

Message 4 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Wow. Inconvenient much? Lol 4 days is a long time to be totally down.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s just awful servicing on Sync’s part. 4 days with no site or app is crazy... must be some big changes indeed. 

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I guess this is no different than when [DSNB] Macy's and Bloomingdale's had similar conversions with their respective sites a few years back, for instance.

It's a good thing they're letting folks know what to expect way ahead of time so that there's flexibility to plan accordingly.
Message 7 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

What's missing is an extension on due dates that fall during that time span. I would think that legally, Synchrony would have to provide one.

When the Barclays LL Bean Visa became the Citi LL Bean Mastercard, there was a period of two days when payments weren't accepted. Due dates that fell during that time were extended for maybe three or four days.

Message 8 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
I guess this is no different than when [DSNB] Macy's and Bloomingdale's had similar conversions with their respective sites a few years back, for instance.

It's a good thing they're letting folks know what to expect way ahead of time so that there's flexibility to plan accordingly.

@FinStar +1.  Now if only someone could convince Wells Fargo/Dillards to update their website that'd be great.  The site looks as if it were made in the 90's.  I don't use my Dillard's Amex besides the occasional swipe for activity...but even when I login just to keep and eye on things, I'm quickly reminded of how crappy their website is.  

Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Loquat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@FinStar +1.  Now if only someone could convince Wells Fargo/Dillards to update their website that'd be great.  The site looks as if it were made in the 90's.  I don't use my Dillard's Amex besides the occasional swipe for activity...but even when I login just to keep and eye on things, I'm quickly reminded of how crappy their website is.  

Agree.  It would be nice if they could integrate the WF/Dillards platform with the rest of the other WF CCs and PLCCs. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.