Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Debit

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Paypal Debit

guess it's still early on the 18th, but PPMC Cashback is still working as backup funding for the debit card.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Debit

Yeah I noticed that. I even removed it, left the page, went back and put it back on lol. 

Message 2 of 70
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I noticed that. I even removed it, left the page, went back and put it back on lol. 

I made a purchase to check if it was REALLY working, and it is

Message 3 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I made a purchase to check if it was REALLY working, and it is

Considering that Synchrony sent me an offer to get $25 back that was only valid if I used my card through PayPal check out, I am pretty sure that it’s Synchrony that wants this dead and PayPal is dragging it out as long as they can. It wouldn’t surprise me to see more emails lol. 

Message 4 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course PayPal wants it continued... It earns them swipe cash, and Synch wants it all to themselves. Once it's over, people stop using the PPBD and PP stops getting swipe revenue. Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish we could see the numbers of how many people were actually using this haha. 

Message 6 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't that have been nice, but then it would have advertised the practice more.
Message 7 of 70
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Good old PayPal - the email header says: "A backup funding source linked to your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® will not be supported after March 18, 2019".

Then right below that it says "Beginning March 18, 2019, a linked bank account will be the only backup funding source supported for your PayPal Business Debit Card".

So which is it PayPal? "Beginning" and "after" are pretty much two different things. 

Message 8 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ending of the beginning.
Message 9 of 70
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

So which is it PayPal? "Beginning" and "after" are pretty much two different things. 

Maybe they will unlink it at 23:59:59 and the process takes 1 second, which will then be "after", which is when you cannot use it anymore.

Message 10 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.