Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Debit

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Paypal Debit

@longtimelurker wrote:

Those of you that use Google Inbox would have been getting messages that it is going away April 2 (and switch to Gmail now).  I made the switch, and now wondering if I was too hasty!   Nah, my expectation is that Google is more precise than Paypal about dates.

I'm not quite following that ^^^. I have a Gmail account but it just gets mail sent to my Gmail account. PayPal sent me email to my primary PP email account, the first one w/March 11 end date that alot of folks here didn't get, and then the second email w/March 18 end date that everyone got. Nothing from PP since.

Did Google mention in what year it's going away in on April 2?

Message 51 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google is discontinuing a couple products, notably "Inbox" their all around email client thing, and "Google+" their social media attempt. Unlike PayPal, they're known for shutting down services. I'm sure they were being sarcastic, although... How long did it take to eclipse gtalk after the announcement? Few years?
Message 52 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, update this morning. Tried to use my PPBD this morning via Google Pay, not authorized. Then tried the card directly, declined. However, opening PayPal, my backup funding source is still indeed the CBMC. So maybe Synchrony is blocking charges from paypal debit now in a power move.

Can anyone else attempt to use and report back?

Edit: I did open the google pay app, removed and readded, etc still no go. Swiped over to use the CBMC via GP and it went through no issue.
Message 53 of 70
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, update this morning. Tried to use my PPBD this morning via Google Pay, not authorized. Then tried the card directly, declined. However, opening PayPal, my backup funding source is still indeed the CBMC. So maybe Synchrony is blocking charges from paypal debit now in a power move.

Can anyone else attempt to use and report back?

Edit: I did open the google pay app, removed and readded, etc still no go. Swiped over to use the CBMC via GP and it went through no issue.

Yep, just tried an Amazon gift card reload, and payment was declined.  So really really dead!

Message 54 of 70
OmarR
Established Contributor

I am back to my 2.5% USAA Limitless.

The extra .5% was nice, but not the end of the world for me.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 55 of 70
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@OmarR wrote:

I am back to my 2.5% USAA Limitless.

The extra .05% was nice, but not the end of the world for me.

Well, 0.5% but still not the end of the world!

Message 56 of 70
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

It appears to be dead indeed.  Just tried to use my card that's backed by my dormant SmartConnect account and declined.  Oh well...

Message 57 of 70
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yep, it's died and gone to happier hunting grounds, tried Google Pay & Plastiq.

I'll still use PP Debit to sweep money out of my PP Balance w/Google Pay, must faster than PP transfer, as in a minute instead of 3 days. I'm expecting $100 from Slickdeals for a savings account bonus, saving my CBMC rewards in Synch until that hits.

Message 58 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a ride this was.
Message 59 of 70
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

ppdebit.jpg

Just to make sure they don't an auto script change on their end to a bank account.

I guess we'll never know and it really doesn't matter, dead is dead, but I wonder if it was Synchrony that shut down, tired of waiting on PayPal? It would have been easy for Synch, any backup transaction would have come from PayPal, where direct use of the MC would have come from one of the CC processing networks.

Message 60 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.