Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal MC mess!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal MC mess!

My Sync MasterCard (Formerly Toys R Us) was reported as lost a couple years back and they closed the old card, opened a new one and it retained the original history and open date. Hope its the same for you.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, my other half lost her PP MC at a food place.  I did the card replacement and for about two weeks the PP MC link on my Paypal wasn't available.  I had to do my monthly payment over the phone with the automated system.  When I got the replacement cards I just took that card away from her and start using the Uber card for the AU.  PP MC is good but Sync is really behind the times. 

Message 12 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, my other half lost her PP MC at a food place.  I did the card replacement and for about two weeks the PP MC link on my Paypal wasn't available.  I had to do my monthly payment over the phone with the automated system.  When I got the replacement cards I just took that card away from her and start using the Uber card for the AU.  PP MC is good but Sync is really behind the times. 

It's a strange setup!  Like having say the Chase United card management only accessible via the United website.   I would have thought sync would want some branding recognition.

Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems to be with any Sync account. Not sure about Comenity but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Well, not in my experience. I misplaced my Walmart store card a year or so ago, so I reported it lost or stolen. The old account reports as a Closed Account with the original open date, CL & usage history with note "lost or stolen". The new account reports in my Open Accounts with the original open date, CL & usage history. As it's one of my older accounts, opened in Feb. 2013, the "duplicate" reporting actually gives a slight bump to my AAoA.

That said losing a PP MC sounds like a royal pain as the only access to the account is through PayPal. So before reporting it lost or stolen you'd better make sure you have your payment set in case you lose access until you receive & activate the new card.

That's been the case for my SYNCB accounts as well.  2 compromised instances with Marvel (including the big one that @Gmood1 mentioned a while back).  PayPal Extras and Ebates had similar fates.  All were issued new CC #'s and history was preserved.  No new account(s) hit.

@longtimelurker, in the former PayPal platform days, one could have more access to viewing such details, but alas not anymore so once your new replacement arrives and is activated it should be back to BAU. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.