cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?

iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR PAYPAL MASTERCARD .  IS IT A WORTHWHIILE CARD? I RECEIVE SOME PAYMENTS THERE FOR MY BUSINESS AND MY SCORES RECENTLY WENT OVER 700, SO I THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE SHOT AT IT. I HAVE 2 RECENT INQ ON MY EX AND NONE WITHIN LAST 6 MNTH WITH TU AND SAME WITH EQ.

ANYONE KNOW WHICH BUREAY THEY PULL?, I AM IN CALIFORNIA. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?

I am in NYC but just for reference they pulled my TU report when I applied last year for it but got declined 


My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?


@iwant700fico wrote:

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR PAYPAL MASTERCARD .  IS IT A WORTHWHIILE CARD? I RECEIVE SOME PAYMENTS THERE FOR MY BUSINESS AND MY SCORES RECENTLY WENT OVER 700, SO I THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE SHOT AT IT. I HAVE 2 RECENT INQ ON MY EX AND NONE WITHIN LAST 6 MNTH WITH TU AND SAME WITH EQ.

ANYONE KNOW WHICH BUREAY THEY PULL?, I AM IN CALIFORNIA. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.


It's GE backed so it's a TU almost 100% of the time.

should be an easy approval in the 700's score.

Message 3 of 13
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?

you have good scores. Did you get the reason why?


@Closingracer99 wrote:

I am in NYC but just for reference they pulled my TU report when I applied last year for it but got declined 


 

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 4 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?


@iwant700fico wrote:

you have good scores. Did you get the reason why?


@Closingracer99 wrote:

I am in NYC but just for reference they pulled my TU report when I applied last year for it but got declined 


 


This was a year ago when my TU didn't exist because I only have 1 card that I got approved which was my Discover it card. Got that in June 2013 and apped for the master card as well since I do shop on Ebay but got declined.


My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 13
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?


@iwant700fico wrote:

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR PAYPAL MASTERCARD .  IS IT A WORTHWHIILE CARD? I RECEIVE SOME PAYMENTS THERE FOR MY BUSINESS AND MY SCORES RECENTLY WENT OVER 700, SO I THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE SHOT AT IT. I HAVE 2 RECENT INQ ON MY EX AND NONE WITHIN LAST 6 MNTH WITH TU AND SAME WITH EQ.

ANYONE KNOW WHICH BUREAY THEY PULL?, I AM IN CALIFORNIA. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.


I honestly do not remember which report they pulled, but I can say that I have been thrilled with the card.  My initial CL in January after calling in for security verification was $1500.  That was doubled to $3000 at some point and just last week I recieved an auto CLI again to $5100.  I use the card primarily for Ebay for 2X points and for dining for 3X points.  Dining is really the best reward the card has to offer for me at ~2.5% cash back.  It is the best card in my wallet for fast food and eating out in general.

 

Just don't let the 3X points thing fool you.  3X point =/= 3%.  Each point is only worth .083 cents.  It works out roughly to 2.5% cash back.

 

I love my PayPal Extras MC.  GECRB has been really good to me with CLIs and a good Mastercard is getting harder and harder to come by.  The card is currently my second highest limit.  Untill I am able to get a Cash+ card or someone else can beat 2.5% on dining, the PayPal Extras will be keeping its spot in my wallet!

Message 6 of 13
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?


@wacdenney wrote:

@iwant700fico wrote:

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR PAYPAL MASTERCARD .  IS IT A WORTHWHIILE CARD? I RECEIVE SOME PAYMENTS THERE FOR MY BUSINESS AND MY SCORES RECENTLY WENT OVER 700, SO I THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE SHOT AT IT. I HAVE 2 RECENT INQ ON MY EX AND NONE WITHIN LAST 6 MNTH WITH TU AND SAME WITH EQ.

ANYONE KNOW WHICH BUREAY THEY PULL?, I AM IN CALIFORNIA. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.


I honestly do not remember which report they pulled, but I can say that I have been thrilled with the card.  My initial CL in January after calling in for security verification was $1500.  That was doubled to $3000 at some point and just last week I recieved an auto CLI again to $5100.  I use the card primarily for Ebay for 2X points and for dining for 3X points.  Dining is really the best reward the card has to offer for me at ~2.5% cash back.  It is the best card in my wallet for fast food and eating out in general.

 

Just don't let the 3X points thing fool you.  3X point =/= 3%.  Each point is only worth .083 cents.  It works out roughly to 2.5% cash back.

 

I love my PayPal Extras MC.  GECRB has been really good to me with CLIs and a good Mastercard is getting harder and harder to come by.  The card is currently my second highest limit.  Untill I am able to get a Cash+ card or someone else can beat 2.5% on dining, the PayPal Extras will be keeping its spot in my wallet!


Thanks for your detailed view of the card. What was your highest limit when you applied? Mine is $5700.00 but I just got approved for AMEX $8500 limit. Wondering if i should wait till amex reports the new card

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 7 of 13
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?


@iwant700fico wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@iwant700fico wrote:

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR PAYPAL MASTERCARD .  IS IT A WORTHWHIILE CARD? I RECEIVE SOME PAYMENTS THERE FOR MY BUSINESS AND MY SCORES RECENTLY WENT OVER 700, SO I THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE SHOT AT IT. I HAVE 2 RECENT INQ ON MY EX AND NONE WITHIN LAST 6 MNTH WITH TU AND SAME WITH EQ.

ANYONE KNOW WHICH BUREAY THEY PULL?, I AM IN CALIFORNIA. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.


I honestly do not remember which report they pulled, but I can say that I have been thrilled with the card.  My initial CL in January after calling in for security verification was $1500.  That was doubled to $3000 at some point and just last week I recieved an auto CLI again to $5100.  I use the card primarily for Ebay for 2X points and for dining for 3X points.  Dining is really the best reward the card has to offer for me at ~2.5% cash back.  It is the best card in my wallet for fast food and eating out in general.

 

Just don't let the 3X points thing fool you.  3X point =/= 3%.  Each point is only worth .083 cents.  It works out roughly to 2.5% cash back.

 

I love my PayPal Extras MC.  GECRB has been really good to me with CLIs and a good Mastercard is getting harder and harder to come by.  The card is currently my second highest limit.  Untill I am able to get a Cash+ card or someone else can beat 2.5% on dining, the PayPal Extras will be keeping its spot in my wallet!


Thanks for your detailed view of the card. What was your highest limit when you applied? Mine is $5700.00 but I just got approved for AMEX $8500 limit. Wondering if i should wait till amex reports the new card


When I applied, $1500 was probably about average for me.  My PayPal card does seem to like to be near the highest of my limits, though.  Like I said, at $5100 it is currently my second highest limit card.

 

I think you're over thinking it.  It looks like it would be an easy approval for you and you can always give Credit Solutions a call if you don't like the initial limit.

Message 8 of 13
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?

OK I apply tomorrow , will post the results. Its a high interest card so should be treated like a charg


@wacdenney wrote:

@iwant700fico wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@iwant700fico wrote:

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR PAYPAL MASTERCARD .  IS IT A WORTHWHIILE CARD? I RECEIVE SOME PAYMENTS THERE FOR MY BUSINESS AND MY SCORES RECENTLY WENT OVER 700, SO I THOUGHT MIGHT HAVE SHOT AT IT. I HAVE 2 RECENT INQ ON MY EX AND NONE WITHIN LAST 6 MNTH WITH TU AND SAME WITH EQ.

ANYONE KNOW WHICH BUREAY THEY PULL?, I AM IN CALIFORNIA. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.


I honestly do not remember which report they pulled, but I can say that I have been thrilled with the card.  My initial CL in January after calling in for security verification was $1500.  That was doubled to $3000 at some point and just last week I recieved an auto CLI again to $5100.  I use the card primarily for Ebay for 2X points and for dining for 3X points.  Dining is really the best reward the card has to offer for me at ~2.5% cash back.  It is the best card in my wallet for fast food and eating out in general.

 

Just don't let the 3X points thing fool you.  3X point =/= 3%.  Each point is only worth .083 cents.  It works out roughly to 2.5% cash back.

 

I love my PayPal Extras MC.  GECRB has been really good to me with CLIs and a good Mastercard is getting harder and harder to come by.  The card is currently my second highest limit.  Untill I am able to get a Cash+ card or someone else can beat 2.5% on dining, the PayPal Extras will be keeping its spot in my wallet!


Thanks for your detailed view of the card. What was your highest limit when you applied? Mine is $5700.00 but I just got approved for AMEX $8500 limit. Wondering if i should wait till amex reports the new card


When I applied, $1500 was probably about average for me.  My PayPal card does seem to like to be near the highest of my limits, though.  Like I said, at $5100 it is currently my second highest limit card.

 

I think you're over thinking it.  It looks like it would be an easy approval for you and you can always give Credit Solutions a call if you don't like the initial limit.



e card and limt won't matter too much since I will be putting around $500  a month on it.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 9 of 13
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard what bureau do they pull?

GE Capital (now Synchrony) pulled TransUnion when I applied about a year ago.  GE, through Credit Solutions, can be very generous when it comes to CLI's.  My original CL was only 2K.  Less than a year later and two phone calls to Credit Solutions brought my CL from 2K to 5K, and then to my current 15K.  My primary use of this card is for purchases made on eBay.  I was able to get my nice CL's despite the fact that to date I've spent LESS than $200 total since I received my card!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.