Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Smart Connect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Smart Connect

Hello,

Just got approved for $300.00 CL. I also applied for a Debit Card with Paypal to be able to use it outside of the internet.

1) How would I be able to link my debit card to the paypal account once it arrives?

2) Would I be able to use this card ANYWHERE Mastercard is taken? Even for example a hotel stay or a rental car reservation?

TIA!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Smart Connect

From Paypal website:

Where can I use the PayPal Extras MasterCard?
You can use the PayPal Extras MasterCard anywhere MasterCard® is accepted in stores and online, whether or not the site accepts PayPal payments.

How do I start using my card?
Call to activate your card and start using it anywhere MasterCard® is accepted.
Your card is added automatically to your PayPal account. Just choose it to fund the purchases you make with PayPal to start earning Double Reward Points on your PayPal and eBay purchases.
Receive monthly statements detailing your transactions and payment information.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response but I don't have that card. I have a Paypal Smart Connect account and I have also requested for a business debit card to be sent to me. I've heard about linking the debit card to my CL with Smart Connect and I can use that for purchases outside of paypal (internet). I just am not sure exactly how to go about it. Anyone have any clue?

TIA!

Message 3 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the response but I don't have that card. I have a Paypal Smart Connect account and I have also requested for a business debit card to be sent to me. I've heard about linking the debit card to my CL with Smart Connect and I can use that for purchases outside of paypal (internet). I just am not sure exactly how to go about it. Anyone have any clue?

TIA!

You'll need to go into your Paypal account once you get and activate the debit card and then set the Smart Connect account for backup funding (it might be set to your bank account already).

Very easy.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.