Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal/Synchrony Mastercard 2% cash back question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal/Synchrony Mastercard 2% cash back question

For anyone out there who has this card, are you able to use either the PayPal or Synchrony app to get push notifications on your smartphone whenever a charge is made on the card?

I'm using the PenFed Power Cash Rewards card atm but the app is lacking in features like this.  Prior I used the Chase Visa Signature Amazon Prime card for most shopping and got used to getting a smartphone push notice whenever the card was used.  I still use the Chase card on Amazon, but I find it simplest to use a 2% cash back card on most other purchases.

TIA!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal/Synchrony Mastercard 2% cash back question

Hello. Sorry I just saw  your post. When I applied for the card and called in for verification, I asked the CSR this very question. I was told no, that the card does not have this feature, not even by email. Sure enough, I got the card, logged on, and can’t find any place to register for push notifications. 😕 Not liking the lack of features on both the PenFed PowerCash and this card. I am used to it with my Discover, NFCU and Cap 1. 

Message 2 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

The PenFed app does leave a lot to be desired. They never adopted TouchID and now we've moved on to FaceID.  Someone needs to yank the chains of their development department and tell them boys to giddy up!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up.  I've really gotten used to the feature so it would have made it a no brainer for me to switch to the PP card if it was offered.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PenFed app really does need some love.  It's no better than just logging in via the web.  Fingerprint authentication and push notifications would be a big help.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re welcome Bra1n.

Also, Bra1n and LoQuat, you are both right about the PenFed app. But, Someone posted on MyFico that a change is coming soon. I sure hope so. It would be nice to get some updated features on the app.

But I find PenFed just old fashioned all the way around. Opening a checking account is going to take me 5-7 days to receive the account opening documents. And adding an authorized user to a credit card after having applied for and received the card is such a hassle. You have to fill out a paper form and send it in. This is absolutely ancient to me. I am so close to wanting to walk away from them and their archaic practices. But I’m trying to hang in there as so many people here at MyFico love them. Just really need to join us in the 21st century.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed being a credit union rather than a bank is nice.  When I used to commute 100mi a day I was addicted to their 5% cashback on gas reward.  I'll stick it out with them and hope that what you're hearing is true and that a refresh of the app is coming.  It really would make them near perfect.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.