Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal cashback MasterCard

tag
Deeyarht948
Contributor

Paypal cashback MasterCard

It I received a preapproval invite to apply for the PayPal cashback MasterCard. Anyone has any experience with This card what kind of credit limit I should expect at the beginning of its worth the hard pull thanks all for helping 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
TJHOFF
Established Member

Re: Paypal cashback MasterCard

I got mine as a backup 2% cash back card. Approved for $8,800 without the best credit scores ~ 720 with elderly BK and two 2015 late mortgage payments. Used it to pay for a $5750 roofing job although I had the cash in my bank account. They reported credit usage immediately to all 3 bureaus. Credit score went down 10-30 points. I had money to pay balance so I paid it right before closing so charge didn't even show up on statement, took 3 weeks for free up that part of credit line.

Not floored by card but they were pretty prompt after I paid giving me my 2% and transfer to PP, then on to my bank is drama free and only took couple of days.

Also can't put card in Apple Wallet.

OK card but it won't be taking over for my Fidelity Visa daily driver.

Message 2 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TJHOFF wrote:

Also can't put card in Apple Wallet.

OK card but it won't be taking over for my Fidelity Visa daily driver.

I prefer it over the Fidelity Visa because a) no min redemption and b) no FTF.    I think it's a very good 2% card.    It can be added to some wallets, such as Samsung.

Message 3 of 15
summerterrace
Regular Contributor

I got an offer for 4% back for the first 90 days on up to $5000 of spend.  Debating it...

US Bank Altitude Reserve, Delta Gold Am Ex, PenFed Power Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Navy Federal Flagship, Chase Freedom, IHG Rewards Club Premier, Marriott Bonvoy Premier
Message 4 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@summerterrace wrote:

I got an offer for 4% back for the first 90 days on up to $5000 of spend.  Debating it...

If you just need a good 2% card, that's an added bonus SUB.   But for those chasing SUBs, not very attractive.   It's just an additional $100 on $5K spend.

Message 5 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

If you like us to give you an Idea what to expect when applying for the Paypal mastercard we will need your Fico scores and your income, just remember it is going to gess we are not synchrony it wild gess. I have been looking at couple of 2% cash back credit cards. The evergreen has a 25 dollar minimum before you can redeem but on other hand it has a 12 months intrest free on purchases. This is good when you have large expense you can put large charge on the card up front and get the 2% cash back and take 12 months to pay it off with intrest charge. The Paypal mastercard by synchrony has no intrest free period but has no minimum to redeem. The Citi bank double cashback pays 1% when you charge and 1%percent when you pay with 25 dollars minimum to redeem.

Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@firefox100 wrote:

If you like us to give you an Idea what to expect when applying for the Paypal mastercard we will need your Fico scores and your income, just remember it is going to gess we are not synchrony it wild gess. I have been looking at couple of 2% cash back credit cards. The evergreen has a 25 dollar minimum before you can redeem but on other hand it has a 12 months intrest free on purchases. This is good when you have large expense you can put large charge on the card up front and get the 2% cash back and take 12 months to pay it off with intrest charge. The Paypal mastercard by synchrony has no intrest free period but has no minimum to redeem. The Citi bank double cashback pays 1% when you charge and 1%percent when you pay with 25 dollars minimum to redeem.

Paypal has interest free period, also known as grace period. 

They do not have introductory 0% promotional apr. 

Message 7 of 15
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Has potential for growth. After a couple of months, I got mine increased to 10K on instant CLI (online). Got past that (20K) through calling Credit Solutions. No HP for CLI. I think it's worth the HP based on the potential for growth alone (compared to other cards and lenders).

That said, it is a Synchrony card. If you have no issues with Synchrony, it is a solid 2% card. No minimum redemption, no FTF, no AF. (There are many other threads here that discuss this specific card.)

Message 8 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's my daily driver for non-category spend

Message 9 of 15
JNA1
Valued Contributor

This card was our non categorized, catch-all card until we got the AOD card. Mine grew from $6500 to $15000 in less than a year. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.