Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit up and running

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal credit up and running

@shmacckk wrote:
I hit the credit increase link. Asked for 25k and they gave me 10k. Was at 7500. I bet 10k is the max allowed unless you try credit solutions.

I still get an error message.

They probably haven't set up the decline message yet.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 21 of 142
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

My wife got the ole decline lol.
Message 22 of 142
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Unlike the Paypal MC, the Paypal credit does not open in a new window. Still goes to a sync site. IDK, just another difference.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 23 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

That site is a million times better than the one the PayPal cards use... I see they even have alert settings! Smiley Frustrated
Message 24 of 142
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That site is a million times better than the one the PayPal cards use... I see they even have alert settings! Smiley Frustrated

Yes. However, my phone numbers were all mixed up. Home and mobile were flipped. Had to use a voice call for verification code to change them.

I hope they don't report. Not worried about balance, just don't want another account.

Message 25 of 142
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I just logged in to check something else and notice the CLI...hit the link, it asked how much credit I wanted, I entered $10000 (was at $2300)....and boom!  The CLI was there even after that...thought about hitting it again.. Smiley Happy 

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 2.13.19 AM.png

Message 26 of 142
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I'm following. I'm interested in CLI's & CB reporting.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 27 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

It will be up around midnight they have been planning this for awhile and have practiced it before in smaller scale i am sure.  Although nothing really ever goes perfect in IT it will either be a bit before or a bit after midnight, but certainly will be resolved.  Sometimes stuff I think will take 2 hours takes 15 mins or something i think will be 15 mins ends up being a few hours.  IT is an unpredictable at times, that is for sure.  A big project if it has been down for several days to migrate everything. 

Saw they were going to do a CLI button not sure if I will hit it or not as PayPal Credit has lost alot of its usefusness due to many factors whether hidden or no payments for x months, etc..  choices.

It looks like PPC wont be hidden afterall, I noticed there is a " check your free credit score" option as well. Paypal never have that figure before the change. I would suggest keep an eye for any alerts/ changes on Fico reports. 

Message 28 of 142
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. However, my phone numbers were all mixed up. Home and mobile were flipped. Had to use a voice call for verification code to change them.

I hope they don't report. Not worried about balance, just don't want another account.

Oh they are going to report the tradeline,that's already been known.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 29 of 142
GMCTexas
New Contributor

I got a whopping $450 CLI when I requested. Was at $3550 (weird # anyway), asked for 10k, that was declined but they bumped me to 4k.

I've used PayPal credit alot over the last few years to make some fairly sizeable purchases with the 6mo interest free offers. Not that I intend to finance anything close to 10k, but would have been nice to have.
Message 30 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.