tag
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal credit up and running

@kilroy8 wrote:

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

I don't know if this is the right thread, but when this reports, it'll probably show my util as 45% (right now it's around 80). My overall utilization will be around 22%. Should I expect a score decrease? Card has been open since January. 

A single revolving line with > 28.9% util will cost FICO 8 points. Total util will depend on what it was before. Breakpoints for total util are 8.9,28.9,48.9,68.9,88.9. When any of those thresholds are crossed, it costs FICOs.

Thanks! Just so I'm understanding, is it 8 pts per tradeline that is >28.9% or 8 points flat across, whether there are one, two, three, etc? I mean, obviously it's not good to have that many but I have a credit card at 40% from a medical bill I am paying down as well. 

I wasn't clear, sorry. Not 8 points "FICO 8" points (as opposed to FICO 9, or 3, 4, 5, etc). How many points will depend on your profile, but those are the the breakpoints where it costs "something".

Ah, got it! I think I read it too fast. I'm sure it'll go down, but oh well. I am in the garden and not looking for another card or mortgage for at least two years so it'll go back up.

Message 41 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried, was denied then remembered I have a freeze on my accounts. After, I tried to sign up for their Fico monitoring and immediately got a message saying I couldn't enroll due to a freeze.  Do freezes affect SP requests too? 

Message 42 of 142
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried, was denied then remembered I have a freeze on my accounts. After, I tried to sign up for their Fico monitoring and immediately got a message saying I couldn't enroll due to a freeze.  Do freezes affect SP requests too? 

@Anonymous  With most banks they don't,  however with Synchrony they do. You would have to unfreeze you accounts for any CLI request with them.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 43 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info! Do we know for sure that they SP for CLIs?

Message 44 of 142
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my experience it is always a SP for CLIs with synchrony,  I would think PPC would be as well.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 45 of 142
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was for me. I have multiple & overlapping monitoring and I received no alerts.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 46 of 142
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

SP and TU must be unfrooze/unlocked

Message 47 of 142
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

PayPal Credit Luv Button not working ?

The new site is up and has been working for me all day......except the CLI button.

It keeps saying .."Sorry there was a technical error. Please try again later."

Tried numerous times.

I see on MF that some are reporting success but it just won't work when I try.

Anyone else experience this ?

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 48 of 142
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit Luv Button not working ?

@jaxstraw wrote:

The new site is up and has been working for me all day......except the CLI button.

It keeps saying .."Sorry there was a technical error. Please try again later."

Tried numerous times.

I see on MF that some are reporting success but it just won't work when I try.

Anyone else experience this ?

It happened to me several times before the CLI wactually went through.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 49 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting just went up to $3800 from $780
Message 50 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.