Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal key for credit card payments

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Paypal key for credit card payments

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Just get a 1% cash back debit card from one of the banks and call it a day. You aren't going to do any better without paypal key.

I was thinking that.   And at one stage the PP Business debit card was 1%, that might be reduced now.

Message 21 of 40
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I prefer to pay it by a CC for SUB purpose Smiley Happy or by PP to get 5% cashback from Discover or CF. Otherwise, I can simply pay it by ACH without hassle (1% is negligible).

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 22 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

I prefer to pay it by a CC for SUB purpose Smiley Happy or by PP to get 5% cashback from Discover or CF. Otherwise, I can simply pay it by ACH without hassle (1% is negligible).

Obviously PPK is the way to go if you can.   But if not, it's easy to link the PP Biz Debit to your bank account and you may as well earn 1% than 0%

Message 23 of 40
Bockrocker
Regular Contributor

I never got any invite from PayPal nor could find the feature in my account but after enabling cash management the links from third party websites about PayPal Key allowed me to enable the feature.  Maybe it works for you. I think this is the link:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debitcards/enroll/virtual-card?entrypoint=walletweb

Message 24 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Bockrocker wrote:

I never got any invite from PayPal nor could find the feature in my account but after enabling cash management the links from third party websites about PayPal Key allowed me to enable the feature.  Maybe it works for you. I think this is the link:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debitcards/enroll/virtual-card?entrypoint=walletweb

Yes, that's the standart set-up link for enabling the PPK feature.  I suppose it'll eventually pop-up at some point.  Nada for me today 😂

Message 25 of 40
unsungivy
Established Contributor

I activated my PayPal Key, then had issues with the payment method, so ended up deleting it to redo it. At which point, it told me to call their CSR.

So I called the CSR, and they said I was not offered it, too bad, and only would have gotten it if I had a PayPal debit card (which I have never had). I was very confused. It was sitting there in my PayPal, taunting me, broken.

Queue a few weeks later, and I tried again, and was able to set it up, again. And it's tentatively worked for the last week or so.

So yeah. It's touchy. But yes, you can get a new one if you delete... at least I did, after a month or so passed. It just bugged out in the meantime.

SD - Biz -
Message 26 of 40
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Nothing also here Smiley Sad

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 27 of 40
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Nothing for me either after 10 days of deleting it. Kept saying "Coming soon".

Was really useful for me using at amazon since they don't accept Paypal. Mine was link to Paypal Credit so I can finance any $99+ purchase at any site not accepting PP. 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 28 of 40
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Nothing here yet. I opened a PP cash card, also linked various CC and checking accounts to my PP account. Called them also and they again sent the link to try and if no success, wait for the invitation Smiley Sad

I have a bill payment with a due tomorrow and I guess, I eventually use ACH.

On another topic, I had a small PP deal of 10$ cashback on +20$ purchase from CVS, using PP in store. The offer was in my account and no action was needed (did not take snapshot). After a few days of purchase, the cashback was not received and when I contacted them, they said that such offer is not in my account now and they cannot check it. Anyway, they said that the official deals will be sent only by "service AT paypal.com" but not "paypal AT mail.paypal.com". I have lots of PP deal emails from the second email and not sure whether it is an unofficial marketing from PP or eventually phishing, since all their deals almost match to PP and interestingly, I have zero deals and offers from their official email in my mailbox (in my case, their official email sends only notifications on balances, linking CC, etc. and it has nothing to do with marketing or deals).

Message 29 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@xenon3030 wrote:

Nothing here yet. I opened a PP cash card, also linked various CC and checking accounts to my PP account. Called them also and they again sent the link to try and if no success, wait for the invitation Smiley Sad

I have a bill payment with a due tomorrow and I guess, I eventually use ACH.

On another topic, I had a small PP deal of 10$ cashback on +20$ purchase from CVS, using PP in store. The offer was in my account and no action was needed (did not take snapshot). After a few days of purchase, the cashback was not received and when I contacted them, they said that such offer is not in my account now and they cannot check it. Anyway, they said that the official deals will be sent only by "service AT paypal.com" but not "paypal AT mail.paypal.com". I have lots of PP deal emails from the second email and not sure whether it is an unofficial marketing from PP or eventually phishing, since all their deals almost match to PP and interestingly, I have zero deals and offers from their official email in my mailbox (in my case, their official email sends only notifications on balances, linking CC, etc. and it has nothing to do with marketing or deals).

The CVS PayPal deals have worked for me in the past on two separate PayPal accounts using the QR code.  I think your PayPal is broken 😂

As far as PPK miraculously appearing in the next 24-48 hours for your intended transaction, that would be doubtful, so might as well plan on using another form of payment.

Hopefully, it'll be available again at some point. I'll keep checking mine 😊

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.