Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed BT's what the heck

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pen Fed BT's what the heck

@Jnbmomwrote:
Thanks the CS rep said therr was a glitch with new cards and BTs so I should try next week. My card is already activated so I am not sure if the glitch is about the no credit file or not . I may call but he said to wait til next week. And yes why do they pull for BTs they just saw my credit ???

That's just how PenFed runs their bank.  Good luck next week, let us know how it goes.

Message 11 of 49
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Will keep you guys updated
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 49
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I just joined a week ago and app'd for and approved for PCR, requested BT when app'ing. I hope I don't run into the same issue. They did say it would take a month for it to complete.

Message 13 of 49
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

They check your credot for a balance transfer? Hard pull??
Message 14 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup
Message 15 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not a HP.
Message 16 of 49
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@jlitnnswrote:

I just joined a week ago and app'd for and approved for PCR, requested BT when app'ing. I hope I don't run into the same issue. They did say it would take a month for it to complete.

Say what?!?!  I don't have a need for a BT but in the event that I did...I certainly wouldn't wait a month for it.  Hopefully this is just something they're doing because you're new...if this is a new standard practice then that'd suck big time.  

Message 17 of 49
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I am hoping this is a glitch and they get it fixed. They gave me a very generous CL which so would like to take advantage of BT feature of it really exist😕 I will be patient so far good to me just this BT fiasco is a bit unnerving.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:
Yup

Its not a HP

Message 19 of 49
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Loquatwrote:

@jlitnnswrote:

Say what?!?!  I don't have a need for a BT but in the event that I did...I certainly wouldn't wait a month for it.  Hopefully this is just something they're doing because you're new...if this is a new standard practice then that'd suck big time.  

Yea I don't know, at this point my other credit card statement closed 2 days ago so I'm good as long as it's done before the next statement at the end of April. I do see the BT as pending when I log into Penfed's website. I sent back the credit card agreement that I had to sign on Monday so hopefully in 7-10 days I'll see the card and I'm assuming once it's activated they initiate the BT. I don't know. I've never done a BT when I app'd for a card before.

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.