cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed: Where can you see payments made?

tag
QCS123
Established Contributor

Pen Fed: Where can you see payments made?

It's my first month with Pen Fed and I made a payment and transfered the balance, but I can't see the payment reflected in my balance and I don't see it on the website.  I know the balance transfer will take longer but since the payment is due today so I'm hoping someone here can answer quickly, I hate calling places  (just NOT a phone person).  Can anyone direct me to where it might be found? 

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Pen Fed: Where can you see payments made?

Payments on a credit card balance will show up in the list of transactions in the credit card detail screen, but not until they have posted.  I have heard that PenFed does not post payments immediately for newer members.  Were you paying from a PenFed checking account or from some other bank's checking account?  How long ago did you make the payment?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 7
imaximous
Valued Contributor

If you're a brand new member, it takes about 10 business days for payments to reflect in your available CL.
I was told by a rep they do this for the first 90 days of membership.
I'm on calendar day #11 from the day my 2 payments posted, and the CLs of my 2 credit cards are still crippled.

Message 3 of 7
QCS123
Established Contributor

I made the payment yesterday and it's due today.  I ended up calling since it's getting late.  They see the payment but it's not showing up online yet.  They said it takes a few days typically so I guess I won't pay the day before anymore!  I like KNOWING the payment was received and reflected.  NO MORE late payments for me if I can help it!

Thank for letting me know where to find payments made once they start showing up online.  Also thanks for explaining how they handle the available credit.  I have a nice CL so I'm not as concerned about the amount available, but that is good knowledge to have because you never know.

Message 4 of 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

As a general rule, you should ignore all the people on this board who advise not to pay until the due date. The best time to pay is a day or two after the statement cuts.  If that seems too soon, then pay at least seven days before the due date.  Certain members of this board will undoubtedly chime in promptly (as they always do with my posts) and say, "I disagree.  I pay at the last possible minute and never have a problem."  Maybe they don't have a problem, but others have run into problems, so a conservative approach is safer.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@QCS123wrote:

I made the payment yesterday and it's due today.  I ended up calling since it's getting late.  They see the payment but it's not showing up online yet.  They said it takes a few days typically so I guess I won't pay the day before anymore!  I like KNOWING the payment was received and reflected.  NO MORE late payments for me if I can help it!

Thank for letting me know where to find payments made once they start showing up online.  Also thanks for explaining how they handle the available credit.  I have a nice CL so I'm not as concerned about the amount available, but that is good knowledge to have because you never know.

I've been with Penfed since last May, they take some getting used to. If you make a CC payment from a Penfed checking/savings account you should be able to see that debit to you checking/savings account right away. But the "other side" of the payment disappears for a day, you won't see the payment in your CC account until the next day. If you made the payment yesterday you should be able to see it today in the details of the CC account. But for the first 6 months your payment on the CC account won't be released to the available credit line for 10 days. Affter 6 months it still takes a day to see your payment in the account details and available credit.

Fun calling Penfed, isn't it? Besides the wait for a live person, before you even get to ask a question they demand your membership #, then when they find you they demand you identity yourself with a couple identity questions. Then you finally get to ask your question. I guess that works for them, calling Penfed is always my last resort.

Message 6 of 7
QCS123
Established Contributor

@UpperNwGuywrote:

As a general rule, you should ignore all the people on this board who advise not to pay until the due date. The best time to pay is a day or two after the statement cuts.  If that seems too soon, then pay at least seven days before the due date.  Certain members of this board will undoubtedly chime in promptly (as they always do with my posts) and say, "I disagree.  I pay at the last possible minute and never have a problem."  Maybe they don't have a problem, but others have run into problems, so a conservative approach is safer.

I don't like last minute payments.  I try to do it about 5 days in advance, but AMEX actually changed the due date so I got confused.  I noticed this month the due date is again different.  Is that normal for AMEX?  It keeps moving forward a few days each month.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.