Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed 0% / 18 months

tag
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

PenFed 0% / 18 months

Logged onto my wife's account and noticed they are offering 0% for 18 months for balance transfers on all their cards.

Anyone else see this?

0% Balance Transfer 18 months

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed 0% / 18 months

I'd go for it if there were a gold bar, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
rabell12
Established Member

Yep. I just processed a BT to my Platinum Rewards card yesterday at the normal promotional interest rate of 4.99%.  Called this morning when I saw the 0% offer and was told they couldn't 'undo' the transfer that posted on 12/31. I plan to call back back tomorrow when they are fully staffed and escalate to see what, if anything, can be done. If they say no I'll have to shuffle around some BTs to be able to take advantage of the 0%.

Message 3 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

It's also advertised on PenFed's website: https://www.penfed.org/balance-transfer/?intcid=ad-0PercentBalXfer-PenFedORG-ProductDetail-208x173-1...

0% APR promotional rate for 18 months on transfers made between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013.

A balance transfer fee of 3% (Min. - $10, Max. - $250) per transaction applies.

Message 4 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I have the same offer - that is nice!

Looks like they cap the fee at $250.00 too...

Maybe time for that new Rolex I have been looking at!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 14
LesWH
Established Contributor

Maybe it will get back to Navy Federal that this is going on and they will offer a 0% BT promotion too!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 6 of 14
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

It's also advertised on PenFed's website: https://www.penfed.org/balance-transfer/?intcid=ad-0PercentBalXfer-PenFedORG-ProductDetail-208x173-1...

0% APR promotional rate for 18 months on transfers made between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013.

I notice it says: This transaction is subject to credit approval.    Is that standard on BTs?   I had assumed you that for BTs on any card you could transfer up to your BT/Cash Advance limit on the card.  Does this mean an extra level of approval is required?

Message 7 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

This is what I see after I log off:

Message 8 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

I notice it says: This transaction is subject to credit approval.    Is that standard on BTs?   I had assumed you that for BTs on any card you could transfer up to your BT/Cash Advance limit on the card.  Does this mean an extra level of approval is required?

I believe that is standard wording on PenFed BT offers. It just means they have the right to deny any BT request.

Message 9 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

I noticed that on the citi card I got for a bt. I think it's just standard banking protocol. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.