Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed 4th Q Pre Approve

tag
DCnDC
Contributor

Re: PenFed 4th Q Pre Approve

Got my first offers, been a member of PenFed for about 4.5 years but just got a credit product with them in June. Was hoping for a CLI offer but all loan offers ($50k auto loan, etc). Oh well, better luck next time. I'll take my 828 FICO and keep it moving...
FICO 8 (as of 8/23/2019) | EX: 823 | TU: 824 | EQ: 831
Inquiries (Total) | EX: 1 | TU: 1 | EQ: 1
Inquiries (Less than 1 year) | EX: 0 | TU: 0 | EQ: 0

Bank Americard Mastercard $90,000 | PenFed Promise Visa $39,000 | Citi Simplicity Mastercard $26,500 | NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000 | Macy's $25,000 | Synchrony Home (Mohawk) $25,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa $24,300 | Citi Costco Visa $15,300 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PenFed Gold Visa $11,000 | Discover It $10,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred Visa $9,500 | Kohl's $3,000

Message 21 of 26
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

What's a POI?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 22 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

What's a POI?

In this context, proof of income. 

(I'm going to add it to the abbreviations sticky post.)

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have various offers for new and used vehicles/boats. But way more exciting is my 720 FICO09 score Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 26
rbentley
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

No prequal offers Smiley Frustrated but I did get an email tonight offering $25 cashback for $500 spend on my Platinum Rewards card from today through Oct 31.

Lol got the same but have a BT on the card for another 5 months..  Alot of good that will do Smiley Happy..  Well actually on my 2% card with them, but none the less I cant use it

I am in the exact same situation.  I didn't read the fine print close enough and didn't realize that I couldn't use the card as long as I was taking advantage of 0% BT.  Hurts because this ws my daily driver and only 2% CB on everything card.

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBR249 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

omg omg omg omg I got offers for the first time...in your face turbo tax!

Here comes the questions:

1. I have offers for 41K on 4 different cards and one of them is my current PCR (9k CL), my understanding is that if I take the offer for PCR, I'm basically taking a CLI upping my CL to 50K, is this correct? I want to make sure I don't get a new card.

If you take the offer for the PCR, you will see both an option to get a 2nd PCR or a CLI. It's pretty hard to miss and they essentially ask 2-3 times to make sure you are positive what you are choosing. But you do need to make a choice. 

Thanks SBR. I ended up calling in to ask a few questions before pulling the trigger this morning, was told that I was pre-approved for 18k and going for the full 41k will require a hard pull, I elected to take the 18k increase bringing total CL to 27k. I know I may have short changed myself and the CSR could be wrong about HP but I'm happy with the CLI, 27k is now my highest limit (BCE 25k) and I didn't really feel comfortable having 50k on a card that I'd probably never charge over 2k per month anyway lol.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.