Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI Transfer Important Change

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI Transfer Important Change

I beg to differ. There are plenty of company's or credit card lenders who could cancel your accounts for various reasons regardless how much you can or do spend monthly. Chase, Amex, Barclays, etc have closed accounts of big spenders for reasons ranging from perceived fraud, too many accounts, to reasons we will never know. We are but numbers to big companies/ lenders/ credit unions and as soon as we dont add up to their bottom line, theyll cut ties faster than i can say LolwutSmiley Wink.

Penfed really has hit bottom. Id rather join Credit One, at least i know what im capable of receivingSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They could, but that is rare and any of those reasons listed aren’t reasons to avoid a lender. PenFed has been great for me and plenty of others, enjoy Credit One.
Message 12 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you. Im sure my card will swipe faster than anyone else'sSmiley Happy It even says Nascar🙋‍♂️
Message 13 of 17
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Because I wanted to ensure I gave everyone the right info, I called again and sure enough it is true Smiley Sad

Only $25k max on any card. Rule was changed in March.  Doesn't matter if moving CL or getting a CLI...only $25k max.

Message 14 of 17
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

And the reasons to get a PenFed card keep getting fewer and fewer. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 15 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Strange as my penfed is higher than 25k...  guess existing people are grandfathered in?  Seems like a big and recent change if indeed true.  

Message 16 of 17
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Strange as my penfed is higher than 25k...  guess existing people are grandfathered in?  Seems like a big and recent change if indeed true.  

Don't know CC, I hope so....Last month I received an email from PenFed, that said my two cards combined was over $50K, Path was $35K and PowerC was $25.5K. They said let us know which to cancel or lower limit so both cards are under 50K total...... I dumped $15K off Path and it was done in about a week....SO I am under the $50K BUT PowerC still has $25.5K I am guessing we are grandfathered....BUT could get an email from them about lopping off the $0.5 on PowerC....LOL

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.