cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI button ?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

PenFed CLI button ?

Hello , is there a CLI button on PenFed ? Or do you call in ?
Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: PenFed CLI button ?

It seems completely counter-intuitive, but pretend like you're going to apply for a new credit card.  You should see the option there.  It will be a HP, and unfortunately there is no option to apply for cards that are not available to the public, such as my Defender card.  For anything else, you'll need to call.

penfed_cli.png

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Also, there’s a post I read some months ago that if you hit the cli button on a card they’re no longer offering (e.g., Penfed Travel Rewards Amex), you will get a HP but get declined due to “No longer offering CLI.... “ language. I can’t confirm the accuracy of this though. Someone will have to chime in on this.
BK7 dc in 01/2011 with FICO8 in the 500s

HPs EX 6 EQ 4 TU 2
AAoA 5y4m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$200K+ Total Limits

New cc TLs 1/6 ; 1/12 & 4/24
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

If you have the time to wait for PenFed. They just may give you a SP cli in a form of an offer. It's not available all the time, so they do hit randomly. Otherwise like the others have mentioned, if you ask for a CLI it will be a HP to do so. 

Good Luck!

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

If you have the time to wait for PenFed. They just may give you a SP cli in a form of an offer. It's not available all the time, so they do hit randomly. Otherwise like the others have mentioned, if you ask for a CLI it will be a HP to do so. 

Good Luck!

And one more thing. Even though you look through your cards and you may see a so called "love button" it's a HP. I've called and asked prior to seeing the SP CLI in an offer at a later date. You will know when you see these offers. 

Good Luck!

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Oh my ! All of this is wonderful !!! Thank you all !!! I’ll report my luck (good or bad)
Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

penfed_cli.png

Anybody else notice PenFed's marketing in @K-in-Boston's screenshot?

I was already thinking about applying for the Power Cash card

which PenFed describes their rewards are ...

unlimited and AMAZINGSmiley Very Happy

Don't think I've ever heard a bank use that word!  lol

Total Length of Credit = 35+ years; AoOA (Currently open accounts) = 26+ years;
AAoA = 9+ years; AoYA = less than 1 year (Nov 2019)
Total Open Credit Lines Over $454K. Utilization Less Than 1%. Inquiries until May 2020 (TU:2 -- EQ:2 -- EX:6)
*Hover cursor over each card to see name, CL
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Hi . I got an email today saying my CL went from 5k to 20k.

I looked online at my account and it is not reflected. How long does it take for it to show up on the online account?
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted

Congrats on your nice CLI!  Locking thread as questions answered and results obtained.. Feel frett to create a new thread to share DP's in approval section if you so wish.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.