Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Current Rates and Offers

tag
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

PenFed Current Rates and Offers

Hi everyone!

I have question about the current rates and offers section.

I currently have checking and savings with them and the offers section show the following:

1. Real estate reward

2. Auto loans

3. Power Cash Rewards Visa signature

Is this a valid offer?

9 REPLIES 9
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed Current Rates and Offers

@LuckyB338 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have question about the current rates and offers section.

I currently have checking and savings with them and the offers section show the following:

1. Real estate reward

2. Auto loans

3. Power Cash Rewards Visa signature

Is this a valid offer?

Where exactly are you seeing this? Here are some of my desktop screenshots:

PenFed offer.JPGPenFed offer car loan.JPG

The first picture is when I first log in, on the right-hand side of the screen. The second, is when I click the "Apply" button.

PenFed has changed in recent years. I don't pay them much mind anymore. Back in the day, that first picture, it would say "Accept" because it was a "You are approved!" 

Now, all I have been getting for at least a year now are these offers that indicate "Apply."  Right now, all I have is the car loan with a ceiling approval amount. Normally, when I have credit card or personal loan offers, there is no dollar amount.

Maybe others with more knowledge can chime in, but I believe if there is no credit limit listed with the offer, it is simply a marketing ploy to get you to apply and would come with a HP.

Not loving what PenFed has become in recent years. Bleh. 

Message 2 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Mine just says "Apply", clicking on apply takes me to image of card with set APR (their highest 👸). 

It doesn't say pre-approved or pre-qualified, it states "You're approved for...", there is no mention of the limit (not that it matters anyway). 

Screenshot_20210918-191418_Chrome.jpg

Message 3 of 10
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Comes up under current rates and offers tabComes up under current rates and offers tab

This is what showed up on my online banking page.

Please advise. Thank you

Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I was just checking my account to see but got distracted by the New Login Coming banner.   Check out this exciting change!

(20) New Login Experience Coming for PenFed Members - YouTube

Message 5 of 10
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

I just checked and my login page shows a credit card "Apply" button and when I clicked, I get a "You are approved for a low rate credit card from PenFed" message.

Does that mean a solid approval if I go thru with it - or is it just a marketing gimmick ?

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 6.04.24 AM.png

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LuckyB338 wrote:

Comes up under current rates and offers tabComes up under current rates and offers tab

Please advise. Thank you

@LuckyB338 -- that's just a marketing offer. If it doesn't explicitly state pre-approved or pre-qualified then it's simply an invitation to apply for that particular product.

Message 7 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

I just checked and my login page shows a credit card "Apply" button and when I clicked, I get a "You are approved for a low rate credit card from PenFed" message.

Does that mean a solid approval if I go thru with it - or is it just a marketing gimmick ?

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 6.04.24 AM.png

That is a solid offer.  It is based on when they pulled you softly...  in August likely.  If noting has changed, it should be good.  Expect a HP though...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I was just checking my account to see but got distracted by the New Login Coming banner.   Check out this exciting change!

(20) New Login Experience Coming for PenFed Members - YouTube

That will be nice.  It is buggy right now when it has popped up to use the new log in.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 9 of 10
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@LuckyB338 wrote:

Please advise. Thank you

@LuckyB338 -- that's just a marketing offer. If it doesn't explicitly state pre-approved or pre-qualified then it's simply an invitation to apply for that particular product.

Yeah I figured as much, but did get a little excited since I haven't had much credit related activities since BK7 in Jan 21'. I'm expecting some offers from them somewhere between 6-12 months of being a good standing member with there checking and savings.

All of my investment allocations go through PenFed so my checking balance hopefully helps in PenFed giving me a credit card.

I genuinely miss the days when I used to carry around visa signatures and Amex's, nonetheless I think I've learned a lot since my bankruptcy and hoping to build back above where I was in the coming years.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.