Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed - Do I have a shot?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed - Do I have a shot?

I was considering apping for a PenFed checking account and the PenFed Platinum Rewards card because I'd like to get the BT offer. I have 4 inquiries on EQ - 1 from Aug '14 and 2 from Feb '15 when I was auto shopping, and 1 from Nov '15 when I applied for the Ebates Visa. I have one new account - the Ebates visa. My scores are  754 EQ, 761 TU, and 784 EX (from MyFico). I've read about pyramiding and know that PenFed is conservative. Do I have a shot at this? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed - Do I have a shot?

You absolutely do! From the stats you have provided you have an awesome chance. Go for it!
Message 2 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, you might. They also looked at how many account you opened in last  12 months and what is the credit utlization.

Ron.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, I'll let you know how it goes Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the account and got it. I applied for the card and got the message that the on-line application said that the application has been sent to a loan review officer. And now we wait! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. I hate that wait. I'd check back every hour or so and see what the application status says. That was updated before I started getting the emails from them.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the account and got it. I applied for the card and got the message that the on-line application said that the application has been sent to a loan review officer. And now we wait! Smiley Happy

Just keep checking. Your profile definitely is compatible with their requirements. Let us know!

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you do. Your profile looks much better than mine when I applied. Penfed has been very good to me!
Message 8 of 22
creditFiend
Established Contributor

I hope you get it!
I'm taking a crack at PenFed end of Feb.
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 9 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck and please do post the results...although I'm sure you'll be just fine...

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.