Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Email "Offers Just For You"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Email "Offers Just For You"

Got this email stating Member Exclusive offers for September. September 2021 "Offers Just For You". When I click "Learn More" it brings me to a product page with link for CC PDFs and Apply button. When click on Apply it asks to Login to prefill app. Did that and appears to be regular app page with no other information other than prifilled account info. 

Is this targeted or just General Marketing?

PFCU-Offers.png

10 REPLIES 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Email "Offers Just For You"

I am fairly sure that is marketing.  Their approvals say "pre approved".  That isn't to say you wouldn't be approved though.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

It's just marketing 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. Trying to stay in the garden till 2022 but PenFed was my next planned move so got a bit ansy when I saw the email. 

Message 4 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

To my knowledge, true pre-approved offered from PF are not presented via email.  They are displayed on their website on a full browser, not on a phone.  In my experience, while given offers, I was never notified via email...I came across them when logged into their site.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itching for a PenFed app... lol

Been sitting in the garden for a bit now itching to app PenFed while watching recent approvals making me ansy. Smiley LOL New Apple Card hasn't hit the CR's yet for a new account showing so the window is open slightly but slowly closing. Not superstitious however EQ9 is sporting a 666 and hesitant to leave anything to chance. Could algos be superstitious? Could some programmer have inputted the mark of the beast as an instant rejection? Smiley Very Happy Even worse, I get a warm body looking over the app and then it's a wrap. Easy to say just hold out however that would mean another 6 months in the garden before the window opens. Maybe this is a new PenFed or maybe it isn't. This is what Midnight forums does to the brain. Decisions... decisions... Smiley LOL

ETA: First of the month EQ will prolly bump back into the 670's again with some lowered Utilization and Aging but new account may show by then. We'll see I guess.

Message 6 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Itching for a PenFed app... lol

If it's meant to be it'll be right? How much damage do you think the new account will do? Will the damage of a new account outweigh app'ing now with utilization not quite where you want it to be? Will a new account or the utilization update rid of you of the 666 score you've mentioned?

For real though, if it were me, I'd rather app with a new account hit rather than utilization that I'm not happy with...but that's just me.

Best of luck to you OP in whatever you decide.

Message 7 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If your Apple account is the new account your anticipating reporting...did the account generate a statement on 9/30 and how long has it been open?  Reason being, they are notorious for slow posting to CB's...new or not...and in some cases, new accounts took especially longer to report, meaning more than a month. In a regular month, my Apple Card updates for 14-18 days after the statement close each month. Good luck if you proceed. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

If it's meant to be it'll be right? How much damage do you think the new account will do? Will the damage of a new account outweigh app'ing now with utilization not quite where you want it to be? Will a new account or the utilization update rid of you of the 666 score you've mentioned?

For real though, if it were me, I'd rather app with a new account hit rather than utilization that I'm not happy with...but that's just me.

Best of luck to you OP in whatever you decide.

The UT hit was an oversight by me last month as I missed the SD on one CC by 12 hours causing a lower CL CC to report a $100 balance. I usually do AZEO but slipped and it knocked me above 10% on my Cap1 card. Figured no issue until I saw the EQ9 drop. Ouch. Not a catastrophe until the wheel lands on 666 before an app 🤣. Fairly certain it bounces back EOM with AZEO back in play. By all accounts and DPs, the Apple account most likely won't show until after score recovers. There are worse problems to have but have gardened so long and know I have another stint ahead of me that I want to maximize the short window of opportunity. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge wrote:

If your Apple account is the new account your anticipating reporting...did the account generate a statement on 9/30 and how long has it been open?  Reason being, they are notorious for slow posting to CB's...new or not...and in some cases, new accounts took especially longer to report, meaning more than a month. In a regular month, my Apple Card updates for 14-18 days after the statement close each month. Good luck if you proceed. 

New account is the Apple account. Opened this week so no statement generated yet. Thinking I might have a 1 week window to app next month before it reports. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.