Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Fico Score 9 Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Fico Score 9 Update

If your score is showing up at 800 you're a member of PenFed you should make the magic list so we called them take out a small loan right after that you'll be on the list I have a car loan with them it was very easy to do then I went and got my mortgage to them also easy to do their rates are far superior to the general market

Message 71 of 76
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is helpful because I have to purchasing my townhome my score dropped and I didn't understand why someone would get penalized for a good credit

confused on your quesation/statement.  Might want to read up on section of forum understanding fico scoring as if you get a new mortgage you are going to take a hit on your credit for at least the first year then it will be a huge asset after that, etc...

Message 72 of 76
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in Turbo Tax Purgatory as well.  I'm three years in with them.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 73 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Just a side note. I have never  had any offers other than that lovely turbo .

Just recently cold apped and got the power rewards card 15K and 5K increase on the gold and 2K increase on the promise.

So it is possible to get something when there are no offers present, however it's always better and more exciting to get offers. 

Congrats! mom. Smiley Happy That is some good work right there. 

Just a side note: it is posts like this that makes folks like me say "Hmmm ... maybe this time NOW is the right time?" And then that thought gets stuck in my head until inevitably I bury another HP in The Penfed Graveyard for Wayward Hard Pulls

It's like a horror movie -- the music is forboding, the moster is lurking, and I am just so darn oblivious.

The only thing that ever saves me is when @AverageJoesCredit also gets tricked, Smiley Wink beats me there first and quickly puts up an appropiately forlorn post about his lousy experience. Then I can read that & say "See, it was a trap!" Smiley Wink Never again! says Joe. Amen, says I. 

But now that Joe has sworn off those fools I don't know how I'll hang onto my HPs. Smiley LOL

Message 74 of 76
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I didn't even know you could get a Fico score from PenFed...

EQ F9 2-20.png

I've only been with them for 45 days, but strangely I get what looks like pre-quals on the phone app, but nothing on the web page.

BTW, how long does it take them to update your available credit? It's been a couple weeks and the balance updated but that's it.

Message 75 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂😂 that turbo tax ad still bugging me in 2021.

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.