Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Fico Score 9 Update

tag
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed Fico Score 9 Update

I gave up even trying to get any CLI from them. If I get one cool if not I dont care anymore. PenFed is not the same this year as last year. I have noticed not too many people this year thus far not getting any SP CLIs. Last year seemed like every quarter people were getting sometimes huge CLIs. I am still a fan of PenFed and will keep using my cards but am done with hoping for any CLIs. Moving on.

Message 11 of 76
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have given up too on the CLIs, I have 2 cards with them both over a year old. Never get anything but that lovely turbo tax. I have asked for CLI in the past and always got shot down. Both cards have been cozy in the SD for awhile.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for posting your updated score.  I didn't realize PenFed would update Equifax FICO 9 scores on the 1st of the month since they usually do it on weekends.

My score was at 800 in December then fell to 740 after I bought a new truck, so its nice to see it recovering.

So they are offering you auto loans after you got one last December. #TimingIsOff

You could say so, but I didn't finance my truck through PenFed so they don't know I had a recent auto loan.

The finance manager at the dealership steered me to a local credit union which appears to be the captive lender for that dealer.  They came within 10 basis points of PenFed's rate so I went with them.  In hindsight I might have got taken a bit Smiley Very Happy but I'm not going to worry about it.

Message 13 of 76
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

I also got my FICO score updated with PenFed as of 4/9. No offers.

However, I thought PenFed offer schedule was January/April/July/October?

I guess they are doing some monthly (e.g. May) offers as well now?

Thanks!!

Message 14 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine PenFed acccount (I have an auto loan with them) has the Pen Fed cash cards in the top list.  But on the bottom right it only as Turbo Tax and an auto loan ad.  Is the top list he offers that are good or only the bottom right ads? 

Message 15 of 76
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

801, though this was before the new account and inquiry hit, though before AAOA got to 5 years too.

Pretty sure I ain’t over 800 now, though will say not bad for a score with a 30D late a year and a few days earlier. Number of delinquencies is still top reason code too hah.

Anyway I get snail mail pre-approvals from PenFed but never anything in the online interface.

        
Message 16 of 76
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

No offers, tho' I've only been a member since January. Access America chequing plus 10K SL PowerCash card. I just auto-deposit the minimum needed to keep the chequing account fee-free, so PF has no way to see/validate my income (which would justify a higher limit; but for a 'legacy' Citizens Bank card that I maintain 'cause it's old, the PF card has my lowest SL).

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 17 of 76
SBR249
Established Contributor

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

I also got my FICO score updated with PenFed as of 4/9. No offers.

However, I thought PenFed offer schedule was January/April/July/October?

I guess they are doing some monthly (e.g. May) offers as well now?

Thanks!!

Yeah, I've had SP offers from them for about a year now, never taken any but have noticed the amounts offered do change from month to month sometimes. So I assume they are SPing more frequently and adjusting their offers. Maybe they SP a lot to keep tabs on things but don't always buy the score so the FICO isn't updated as often. 

Message 18 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed EQ FICO 9 score for June is now live.

Message 19 of 76
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed EQ FICO 9 score for June is now live.

June is indeed live but the offers are not 😂

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 20 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.