Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed/JFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed/JFCU

I'm starting my research through searches but want to ask here anyway.
BK friendly? I'm 5.5 years out from a BK. My FICO scores average 675 and zero baddies in this time. 4 credit cards all wit zero utl. Will PenFed take me and issue me a card? I ask the same about Justice. Why do you like who?
Thanks muchly

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed/JFCU

Actually it would appear I am not able to find loophole for joining JFCU so I still ask the same questions of PenFed. How aare they with aging BKs?
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't answer your questions about BK, but the qualifying organization for joining JFCU is the National Sherrifs Association.  Anyone can join.

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the 5.6 year old BK, I would go with JFCU. If you get your score up another 25 pts, I would then apply for PenFed. JFCU will ask for financial documentation and set your exposure limit to 30% of your income (but will go higher). PenFed has yet to ask me for financial info... and gave me a lower credit limit than JFCU.

You can't wrong with either IMHO.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

... and PenFed DOES NOT like recently open tradelines.

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 05-05-2008 02:25 PM
Message 5 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Income helps with Penfed. IMHO that are light years better than JFCU. Are you in or close to 6 figures?
Message 6 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OP, have you done a search here on the forums for penfed bankrupt ? I could swear that they were not BK-friendly.

PenFed just recently got hot around here, so many of us just know what worked for us, and not necessarily about other problems. But there are older threads about them, too.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Hauling I got in with Penfed with a 7 yo BK7 but income was very decent. I had to fax docs.
Message 8 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think Brammy was at 6 or 7 years too and had to do a lot of faxing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The older the BK the better with PenFed. I do like PenFed's car loans and credit card products more so than JFCU. PenFed is 1st class all the way... and open 24/7.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.