Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed/NFCU CC Help Applying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed/NFCU CC Help Applying

Hi all - Wondering what PenFed and/or Navy FCU require as far as credit history length.

I have a 700 Fico 8 score with a 2 month old credit card @ 17% util and 2 month old installment loan with a 40% balance.

My only other account is a CLOSED acct from 2006 (active till 2011) with perfect payment history.

My question is, is there a minimum # of open accounts or min credit history that Penfed and Navy look for? I see people with 630 to 680 Fico's getting 10k to 20k credit lines with these banks but I dont want to apply too soon...thanks
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed/NFCU CC Help Applying

Are you currently a member of both NFCU and Penfed? If so, you shouldn't have a problem apping for a card. 

With NFCU I noticed that they want to see a little something. Whether you're putting decent cash flow through your checking etc. With a 700 score they may notch you at limited credit history. You should be able to do a quick recon though. Give it a shot. Aim for the Cash or Go Rewards. They'll prob hook you up around $2500-5k to start with. Worst case get an Nrewards.. after 91 days app for a second car and boom you're golden.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.