Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Offers Anyone??

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Offers Anyone??

Has anyone gotten a PenFed offers for the quarter? My FICO EQ 796.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed Offers Anyone??

@Cory88 wrote:

All I see is Pre-Qual mailers, which are pretty solid. IMO

I am getting tons of offers for Mortgage and car loans. (Non-Stop)

Message 2 of 55
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just got a preapproved offer for their Power Cash Rewards up to 2% with checking account in the mail. Am not a member, never have been, have not decided whether or not to take them up on this. Also comes with 100 bonus for 1500 spend over 90 days.

Message 3 of 55
Aim_High
Super Contributor

I've got a very special offer for $20 off on Turbo Tax ... Smiley Tongue  Lol

Yeah, same-o, same-o.

However, just a few weeks ago, after I let them HP me for a CLI on my Power Cash Rewards, they turned around and offered me an additional $16.7K in credit on either a new card or an additional CLI on my Power Cash!  So the offers do come.  My Power Cash Rewards went from $15K SL to $41.7K in seven months.  Smiley Very Happy

PenFed_TurboTax.jpg

PF_PCR_CLI_20200606_01.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 55
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Just got a preapproved offer for their Power Cash Rewards up to 2% with checking account in the mail. Am not a member, never have been, have not decided whether or not to take them up on this. Also comes with 100 bonus for 1500 spend over 90 days.

@gdale6, if you don't mind having some banking with them, I do highly recommend the Power Cash Rewards.  It's a great card.   Bonus is just one of many reasons since the majority of 2% cards do not offer one at all. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 55
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Lol, this is what i commented on a recent thread. Penfed is more keen on offering credit to non members than their own membersSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I get the auto loan preapprovals every quarter. I see the score updated as well.

Penfed used to have some of the best auto loan rates. The ones I pulled today weren't anything special.

AODFCU, NFCU and Redstone all beat them in auto loan rates now. How sad!

Message 7 of 55
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

I get the auto loan preapprovals every quarter. I see the score updated as well.

Penfed used to have some of the best auto loan rates. The ones I pulled today weren't anything special.

AODFCU, NFCU and Redstone all beat them in auto loan rates now. How sad!

@Gmood1,  ... I just noticed PenFed's updated score today too ...Nothing to brag about thoughSmiley Tongue

Better than the 759 fron NFCU on 6-3

Message 8 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 

Hey it's good enough. Still should get the best rates lenders offer. If judging by scores.

That's actually great! Especially when factoring in the number of accounts you've added in the last year.😆

Message 9 of 55
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

All I see is Pre-Qual mailers, which are pretty solid. IMO

I am getting tons of offers for Mortgage and car loans. (Non-Stop)

Funny you mention this, I was just about to ask you on this about LANGLEY. Do you know if their offers are solid?

I was just logging in to check my statement and I see the pre-approved offer for their Cash back card.

I am weary about this offer since I just joined LANGLEY on May 3rd and I didnt know membership was going to cost me a HP and when they approached me about using that HP for a CC, I reluctantely agreed thinking I might be declined and I did.

I do not want to accept this offer and fall under the "fool me once.." scenario.

**Apologies, I do not mean to take hostage of this thread. @M_Smart007 reply via SM if you like Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.