Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder Visa PSA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Pathfinder Visa PSA

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to really watch the points calculation on their PenFed Pathfinder cards, especially since so many of us have changing travel plans/refunds/cancellations etc. 

I have been finding issues left and right with mine. I had a $1200 hotel stay the weekend the card was moving from Amex to Visa that I didn't get the points bonus on. (Called and had this remedied in a few days.)

I had to cancel a hotel reservation booked with using 24,000 points and was told the points would be back in my account in a few days. That was about a week ago and I'm still waiting.

Today I noticed that my points balance was debited for a cancelled reservation that I received the $ refund on, but upon review, I am seeing that I never earned the points when I paid for that reservation initially.

I love that PF has been so generous to me in my rebuild, but the experience dealing with them can just be so darn clunky.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Pathfinder Visa PSA

Yeah, I never got the 3x back on airline travels anyway. They gave me 1.5x but I would only use it for the annual credit for wifi, baggage fees, GE/TSA, and for the FTF if I don't have a card with it. I'm thinking now that it converted to visa, it would be better. But I heard that amex and discover doesn't honor the MCC so that's probably why but who knows.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I never earned the points when I paid for that reservation initially.

I noticed something similar on my PCR card with them.  I rented a car a couple weeks ago and didn't earn any cash back for the rental.  Earned it for everything before and after, but didn't for that.  Figured it was due to it being a reservation of sorts and/or because of something like that along the lines.  

Know we're talking about 2 different cards, but figured I'd throw my .02 in.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Yeah, I never got the 3x back on airline travels anyway. They gave me 1.5x but I would only use it for the annual credit for wifi, baggage fees, GE/TSA, and for the FTF if I don't have a card with it. I'm thinking now that it converted to visa, it would be better. But I heard that amex and discover doesn't honor the MCC so that's probably why but who knows.

I've never had an issue with this card and airline tickets - spent about $6k in the last year, and all coded correctly.

I got my 24k points from the cancelled hotel reserved on points, and am still just waiting on the points that should have been earned in the first place for the hotel that was refunded (and had those points that i never earned deducted.)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.