Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Rewards redemption.

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

PenFed Power Cash Rewards redemption.

PenFed now supports the ability to schedule automatic monthly cash rewards redemption. Can redeem to PenFed checking, savings or as a statement credit. I love PenFed!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards redemption.

Ya PenFed redepemptions are painless and no mins.  Nice benefit

Message 2 of 6
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Cool! I have about $50 rewards balance right now. I always end up using it as statement credit anyways. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 3 of 6
Aim_High
Super Contributor

PenFed_PowerCash.jpg

^ ^ ^ This is definitely on my short list. Smiley Happy

As a veteran, I can get 2% back on PenFed's Honors Advantage program without having to maintain a checking account.

I have no 2% cash back cards and the Power Cash seems much superior to the Citi Double Cash, Synch-PayPal MC, or Elan-Fidelity 2% cards.  (For anyone who has had Power Cash and others, what did you think in comparison?)

My only real gripe is that I still like my paper statements and it appears PenFed charges $1 per statement if you want paper.

But I'm still kicking myself for not applying for T-H-I-S when I had the chance ... USAA limitless Cash Back 2.5% card.  (I was in the offer area and already had a checking account with them, but didn't expect them to rescind the offer so quickly.)  Smiley Sad 

If they ever bring it back, I'll be all over it like white-on-rice!  Lol 

limitless2-1.png

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

PenFed_PowerCash.jpg

As a veteran, I can get 2% back on PenFed's Honors Advantage program without having to maintain a checking account.

I have no 2% cash back cards and the Power Cash seems much superior to the Citi Double Cash, Synch-PayPal MC, or Elan-Fidelity 2% cards.  (For anyone who has had Power Cash and others, what did you think in comparison?)

My only real gripe is that I still like my paper statements and it appears PenFed charges $1 per statement if you want paper.

But I'm still kicking myself for not applying for T-H-I-S when I had the chance ... USAA limitless Cash Back 2.5% card.  (I was in the offer area and already had a checking account with them, but didn't expect them to rescind the offer so quickly.)  Smiley Sad 

limitless2-1.png

I have the Citi DC and the PenFed Power Cash and the PenFed card wins hands down:

1. You get your reward points immediately on the charge posting -- that's 1 month earlier than half the DC rewards and 2 months earlier than the other half. BIG difference.

2. No redemption minimum. You can redeem whenever you feel like it.

3. Much bigger starting limits. When I got the PenFed Power Cash it was either my biggest, or one of my biggest, starting limits ever. 30k (or more). Citi DC on the other hand started me out at 2k, and wouldn't give me a CLI for 2 years.

4. Citi has nerfed car rental insurance; PenFed Power cash hasn't.

5. Citi DC has a foreign transaction fee; PenFed Power Cash has no foreign transaction fee.

The only downside to the PenFed Power Cash is that to qualify for the 2% (as opposed to 1 1/2%) you have to either be military or maintain the Access America checking account (which requires $500 minimum balance or $500 monthly direct deposits in order to avoid a huge $10 monthly maintenance fee).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

PenFed_PowerCash.jpg

limitless2-1.png

You and me both!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.