Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Power Cash

Does anyone know if you can redeem the cash rewards into an external bank?

Are the pre approved offers still only a soft pull if you accept?

I heard the travel card doesn’t give 1.5 on all purchases (devalued) so was just considering the cash back card.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Power Cash

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know if you can redeem the cash rewards into an external bank?

Are the pre approved offers still only a soft pull if you accept?

I heard the travel card doesn’t give 1.5 on all purchases (devalued) so was just considering the cash back card.

Yes you can redeem the cash rewards to an external bank account.

I can't answer your soft pull question, but knowing PenFed I doubt it; they seem to HP for everything.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id imagine if the preapproval was in your offers, most likely sp but like SJ said, with PF, might be best to expect one and be joyous that there isnt oneSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

If you're talking about the quarterly offers they are still a soft pull approval.

Message 4 of 6
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I should login to my account quarterly to see if there's a pre-approval offer? Also, I only have a savings account but if I were to open up a checking account, they would do a HP? How about if I apply for a credit card after the checking account, would it be in result of 2 HP or just 1? Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks wrote:
I should login to my account quarterly to see if there's a pre-approval offer? Also, I only have a savings account but if I were to open up a checking account, they would do a HP? How about if I apply for a credit card after the checking account, would it be in result of 2 HP or just 1? Thanks.

If you're already a PenFed member, then there should not be a HP for opening the checking account, only if you opt to apply for the overdraft LOC.  If you apply for a credit card, it will be a HP. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.