Did you mean: 

PenFed Product Change!!

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Product Change!!

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed does do PC's.

Check your reports when they update before you assert that. PenFed doesn't actually PC from prior experiences.  They call it a product change but they close the old account and open a new account.  Again, your reports will verify one way or another when they update.

Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
PENFED, as far as I know, does not change products. They closed promised and moved the credit line to cash rewards. Unfortunately, you will have promise also reported to CRAs as closed. No big deal, just a hit on AAoA and the count of new accounts go up. On the bright side, you will get better use out of the CR. I use it for gas and groceries after using up spending limit of SM.

I think this is the cash rewards that is only gas.  The Plat Signature Rewards is the one that gives ~ 2.5% on groceries.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
PENFED, as far as I know, does not change products. They closed promised and moved the credit line to cash rewards. Unfortunately, you will have promise also reported to CRAs as closed. No big deal, just a hit on AAoA and the count of new accounts go up. On the bright side, you will get better use out of the CR. I use it for gas and groceries after using up spending limit of SM.

I think this is the cash rewards that is only gas.  The Plat Signature Rewards is the one that gives ~ 2.5% on groceries.

Yep, the Cash Rewards is 5% Gas only.  But, that's exactly why I wanted it. My Chase Freedom is 5% this quarter and then back to 1%. This will now be my gas card for growing my history and credit.

As far as closed opposed to changed, I guess I will have to just keep an eye out and watch my credit report. Either way, it's no big deal at all.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.