Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Quarterly Offers Q1 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Quarterly Offers Q1 2018

FICO 9 updated for me today as well, I guess it is bimonthly from here on out after all. I got a small bump to 682 (for comparison, EQ FICO 8 was 689 when Discover soft-pulled it for a CLI request earlier this week). Didn't see any offers but those may still update on a quarterly basis. I'm now debating with myself whether to try a CLI request at this time/after my next Power Cash Rewards payment clears and statement cuts (I got one in November when the score was 680) or wait until April to see if I get a preapproved offer.

Message 21 of 31
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I’m debating the same. They pull my report on 1/30-18. My score has increased since then(645) and is now sitting at 691. Does the offers show immediately? I’ve had my card for 7 months already.

Wonder if I should just email and complain for once or wait. Any advice?
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34wrote:
I’m debating the same. They pull my report on 1/30-18. My score has increased since then(645) and is now sitting at 691. Does the offers show immediately? I’ve had my card for 7 months already.

Wonder if I should just email and complain for once or wait. Any advice?

Correct me somebody if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading in another Penfed discussion that you can ask them, if you have an app for a card or CLI that was denied and has gone to recon, to do a new pull of your score. This might potentially be helpful if - as in your case - your score has gone up substantially since the last pull. I've had my own card for about the same period as yours (applied from preapproved on July 1), and got my first CLI in early November.

Message 23 of 31
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Do you know if it would be a hp? as I am currently gardening so the only thing I can rely on is SP

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34wrote:

Do you know if it would be a hp? as I am currently gardening so the only thing I can rely on is SP

If you rely on Penfed's bimonthly pulls and apply during the period in which they're valid, there won't be a hard pull. If you request another pull in the course of a recon, though, it'd probably be a HP.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

New scores are up (January 2018).

Yupp for me too.  Once agin it's over 30 days old and my offers have disppeared.  Anyone else notice this?

Message 26 of 31
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

New scores are up (January 2018).

Yupp for me too.  Once agin it's over 30 days old and my offers have disppeared.  Anyone else notice this?

My new score says Jan. 30, so it's not 30 days yet, but I didn't have any offers, I never do, even my score bumped up to 717 from 705. I got the Power Cash Rewards card last May, only a $500 CL because they think I have "too much available credit" for my semi-retired modest income. So I applied for a CLI, they won't get a HP as I have all 3 CRAs locked. If they insist I unlock EQ for a HP I'll tell them to cancel the CLI request and close my PCR, it's useless to me with that pathetic CL, and it's only a 1.5% card now as I closed my Penfed checking, I'm not going to park $500 there at .20% interest just to get another .5% rewards, I get 2% rewards with a $8k CL with PayPal Cashback MC.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

offers are quarterly... offers come out in April.

Message 28 of 31
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

offers are quarterly... offers come out in April.

That's what I thought, but that's also when they post the new score, which should have been pulled in late Feb. Don't why they're posting a new late Jan. score now. But I thought I'd app for a CLI, at least a plausible argument if they want a new HP - you have my CR/score from less than 30 day ago.

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous

My new score says Jan. 30, so it's not 30 days yet...

Stupid February... your right only been 29 days Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.