Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Quarterly Offers :)

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

PenFed Quarterly Offers :)

Looks like my PenFed account got updated with its Quarterly offers. Seems they've decided to offer me a bit more than my usual Turbo Tax option Smiley Happy

I currently have 2 cards with them. My legacy PenFed Platinum Rewards VS which I CLD'd to $5,000 a few months ago (I keep it becuase of it's age but rarely gets any use) and my PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex at $23,000. I'm thinking I'll pump this $20k offer into that and get it just above $40,000. Wouldn't be a bad move considering I wouldnt need any HP's for it.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 9.38.34 PM.png

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Quarterly Offers :)

Plenty of options! I never even get that page. All I have is the little tile on the main menu screen offering Turbo Tax and Auto Loans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 2 of 30
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Plenty of options! I never even get that page. All I have is the little tile on the main menu screen offering Turbo Tax and Auto Loans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I usually get offers on the auto loans but I've learned over the last few years that when I get to the "No New Accts in 6 months" threshold, then the credit card offers pop up. I just crossed that line last month. It's a very YMMV situation but that's how they seem to respond to my profile anyway. 

Old DP's stated that if you joined with a dirty file you'd never see offers, ever, but for me "never = about 2 years"

For reference my EQ09 on their site is 798, 0 new accounts < 6 months, 5 new accts < 12 months, 0 EQ inquries < 6 months

Message 3 of 30
imaximous
Valued Contributor

It looks like I've hit a new low with Penfed. My turbotax offer used to appear only on the right side and towards the bottom. Now it's on the main banner making fun of me Smiley LOL

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 11.59.56 PM.png

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just told them close my account nfcu is better 

Message 5 of 30
Nayola
Contributor

No offers for me.

Message 6 of 30
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Awesome TurboTax offer. That might help this tax season. 🙄

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 7 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What's a PenFed?Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 30
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
What's a PenFed?Smiley Wink

I think it's a bank somewhere in Pensylvania . . . which is a hoot and a holler from Transylvania.

Their TurboTax offer is awesome, I finished filing my Fed & State tax return yesterday before the Sooperbowl, but I didn't use Penfed's great offer because TurboTax is free anyway for us po' folk with uncomplicated returns.

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

And I thought it was in Virgina and called Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.