Smiley Very Happy

And I thought it was in Virgina and called Pentagon Federal Credit Union

You're like me. We fell for the rumor lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 30
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Quarterly Offers :)

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm guessing I don't get them. Don't even know where to look. I moved my auto refinance to ETFCU recently when they offered me a card and lower APR

It would be on the right side column with "Other Offers". It looks like a little marketing box for them. My best auto rates seem to come from PenFed. My current one is at .99% and I have no complaints about that!

Message 22 of 30
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Combination of HELOC paying off most of credit card balances and a reappearing mortgage that was sold to another lender and disappeared from my reports for a few months. EQ is up about 100 in 2 months or so.

Both PenFed cards are paid off and I just have a tiny auto loan refi with them that I could pay off at any time but I am riding out for credit mix and the 2% interest really doesn’t add up to much. Honestly not much I want from PenFed with the offers but I’m a few months shy of 3 years with them at this point and it would be nice to see something. I DO want my remaining pair of $500 credit card CLIs but not enough to take a HP.

Your score is well above mine so I'm sure it's definitely not that. I'm right there with you though. Just accepted the offer so total exposure on cards with them is $48,900. I'm $100 behind you and unless they offer me that final $1,100, that's exactly where they will stay

Message 23 of 30
Ms6Footer
Contributor

This post got me to finally break and apply at PenFed today. I watch last quarters posts and this time I just had to push it. Maybe one day I will get these amazing offers like you guys.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to remind those who feel disheartened, just because you don't see any offers doesn't mean your CLI or new card won't be approved if you decide to cold app. I never see them so I went ahead one day last year and took the HP and was rewarded with a $21,500 Penfed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX. While it would have been nice to have done it through a SP, a HP is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I started with $5,000 which I had to recon and now I combined two cards for a $41,500 credit line.

I too saw the Turbo Tax in the main bar and thought they had made room for Other Offers. I still want that $8500 and may take a HP some day to get to the $50,000 limit.

Message 25 of 30
shoegal
Valued Contributor

None for me. The DH got some for car loan, boat and motorcycle. All things we don’t need. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 26 of 30
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Ms6Footer wrote:
This post got me to finally break and apply at PenFed today. I watch last quarters posts and this time I just had to push it. Maybe one day I will get these amazing offers like you guys.

It's all in the wind! These offers used to pop like candy and this site was peppered with these posts (present company excluded). I've only had these crazy offers twice - both were for card options for $15k+. I did get confirmation today that they pushed it thru so one card is now $43,900. What I'm really curious about is if NFCU would even entertain a request to combine my $34k GoRewards with my $25k Amex, and in the process convert the GoRewards to a Flagship. I believe thier cap is $50k per card and $80k on Flagship (assumming one even has the ability to be extended that much credit). I'm sure they'll deny but I'm thinking of just calling and asking. You never know...

Message 27 of 30
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@shoegal wrote:

None for me. The DH got some for car loan, boat and motorcycle. All things we don’t need. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I've been there. First I got nada. Then it expanded to Auto/Boat/RV stuff. Then it finally rolled in the cards. If you're seeing the Auto/Boat/Motor, it could be your next batch might include some card stuff. Hang in there! 

Message 28 of 30
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Plenty of options! I never even get that page. All I have is the little tile on the main menu screen offering Turbo Tax and Auto Loans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I usually get offers on the auto loans but I've learned over the last few years that when I get to the "No New Accts in 6 months" threshold, then the credit card offers pop up. I just crossed that line last month. It's a very YMMV situation but that's how they seem to respond to my profile anyway. 

Old DP's stated that if you joined with a dirty file you'd never see offers, ever, but for me "never = about 2 years"

For reference my EQ09 on their site is 798, 0 new accounts < 6 months, 5 new accts < 12 months, 0 EQ inquries < 6 months

Same here. Member of them since last June 2018 and still no offer. Pay them off every month. But i guess they are new account sensitive thus don't give me any offer to increase my CLs as well.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 29 of 30
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Does Penfed Pre-Approvals Disappear if not taken?

Last quarter for the first time I had Penfed pre-approvals for a whole list of items.  Since I wasn't in the market at that time for anything I just let it be. I recently revisted the site trying to find the pre-approvals and they are no where in sight.  It's been almost 2 months but I didn't realize that there was an apply by __ date for these offers... is that the case? 

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.