Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Questions

tag
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed Questions

@smallfry wrote:
Penfed? It's really a non starter anyway. If I put all my activity on one card I would see 500 bucks a year at 1.25%. I have bigger fish to fry.

Now that gives me a math problem to give a co worker. One card pays 1.25 percent and another card pays 1 percent to 4000 in purchaes and then 1.5 percent after that. At what level of purchases do the cash back on both cards equal the same amount?

That is exactly the type of problems she has in her math class that I'm tutoring her for. Smiley Happy

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 31 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
Penfed? It's really a non starter anyway. If I put all my activity on one card I would see 500 bucks a year at 1.25%. I have bigger fish to fry.

Now that gives me a math problem to give a co worker. One card pays 1.25 percent and another card pays 1 percent to 4000 in purchaes and then 1.5 percent after that. At what level of purchases do the cash back on both cards equal the same amount?

That is exactly the type of problems she has in her math class that I'm tutoring her for. Smiley Happy

You're making me dizzy.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 32 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

pattycake wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

You're making me dizzy.

Two trains approach one another on parallel tracks. One is going 40 mph, and the other is going 25 mph. They are 48 miles apart. How long will it be until they meet... I feel like I'm back in 8th grade again! Smiley Very Happy

You'd have to spend $8K to wind up with the same amount of rewards. $40 (which is 1% of $4K) + $60 (which is 1.5% of $4K) = $100; $100 = 1.25% of $8K.

Next week, quadratic equations!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 38
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

You're making me dizzy.

Two trains approach one another on parallel tracks. One is going 40 mph, and the other is going 25 mph. They are 48 miles apart. How long will it be until they meet... I feel like I'm back in 8th grade again! Smiley Very Happy

You'd have to spend $8K to wind up with the same amount of rewards. $40 (which is 1% of $4K) + $60 (which is 1.5% of $4K) = $100; $100 = 1.25% of $8K.

Next week, quadratic equations!

First problem I just did it before I logged in here:

0.0125 times X equals Y

(X minus 4000) times 0.015 plus 4000 times 0.01 equals Y

Set the first equation to equal the second equation (Y=Y of course) and solve for X (X equals 8000 of cours) Smiley Happy

-----

Next question:

ax^2 plus bx plus c equals 0

solve for x, and show your work Smiley Tongue

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 34 of 38
DI
Super Contributor

Since this post is about PenFed...how long does it take for a PenFed's CC to appear on credit reports?
Message 35 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The TL should appear on your CBR as soon as the first statement is closed. Reports when the statement is cut.
Message 36 of 38
DI
Super Contributor

thanks
Message 37 of 38
pattycake
Established Contributor

I love the cashback/credits that appear on the statement.  Very nice bonus. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.