Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed cards going Contactless

tag
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

PenFed cards going Contactless

Beginning this month, PenFed members benefit from a fast, easy and secure checkout experience, saving valuable time by completing transactions with a single tap of their contactless Visa credit and debit cards. Contactless Visa credit and debit cards will be offered to new PenFed members and on an ongoing basis to current members as their cards are up for renewal or replacement.

PenFed Credit Union to Give Members the Ability to Tap to Pay with New Contactless Visa Credit and D...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed cards going Contactless

I'm trying to decide whether to call PenFed and ask them to replace my two cards immediately or to wait for them to be replaced in the normal course of renewal.  If I take the second alternative, I won't get my contactless cards until for another two years.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 13
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to call PenFed and ask them to replace my two cards immediately or to wait for them to be replaced in the normal course of renewal.  If I take the second alternative, I won't get my contactless cards until for another two years.

Two years is a long time to wait. I could not wait two years if my credit union went contactless. I would want that feature now.

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I aleady have contactlessSmiley Happy.. i dont have any therefore i wont contact ANY card from PFSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpperNwGuy don't starve yourself out of this new valuable tool. Leave your present card in your pocket when doing laundry and likely you will be forced into ordering a replacement Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I aleady have contactlessSmiley Happy.. i dont have any therefore i wont contact ANY card from PFSmiley Wink

Heard that Pen Fed was looking for some help ... maybe it is time Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 13
kugel
Valued Contributor

Will the Car design will be changed also ?or it to remain the same boring cord look
Message 7 of 13
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

They sent me a contactless last month (Dec) when my acct got hacked so I’m good to go now! Just need that pesky Turbo Tax offer to go away!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope they make the quality of the card better. I don’t know if I’m the only one but My card looks like it was made in someone’s basement, it was really scratched and the visa symbol looks like a misprint. I’m not expecting a metal card or anything but at least make some effort.
Message 9 of 13
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I hope they make the quality of the card better. I don’t know if I’m the only one but My card looks like it was made in someone’s basement, it was really scratched and the visa symbol looks like a misprint. I’m not expecting a metal card or anything but at least make some effort.

Mine is def the same and im sure they all are....I've had a replacement as well and just like my first card, they seem to come from Penfed as if the material is peeling. I ordered a new one for the contactless option, so we'll see how that goes.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.