Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed double inq

tag
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

PenFed double inq

Hi all
I joined with PenFed a number of months ago. I was told they would only pull my Equifax credit report. But on my recent TransUnion report it shows a PenFed inquiry.
Now I asked PenFed to remove the inquiry and got the following response:

---
Upon review, the credit inquiry made was valid for the purposes of establishing
your membership. While Penfed does exclusively use Equifax to obtain your credit
report, we do report all account activity, including inquiries, to the three
major credit bureaus. Regrettably, we are unable to remove this inquiry from
your credit report.
---

Does this make sense ? They are telling me they didn't pull TransUnion but did report an inquiry?

Any advice? I don't like Inq's.. Thanks
Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed double inq

Wow, never heard of TU getting pulled.
Message 2 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I would dispute with TU only because Penfed is telling you they exclusively pull EQ. Otherwise lenders are generally free to pull who they want. Be sure to keep that document in the event you need to file a CFPB complaint.
Message 3 of 5
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

But does it make any sense what PenFed is saying? That they didn't pull TransUnion but reported the Equifax inquiry to TU so that's why TransUnion shows an inquiry..
Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Any creditor can perform multiple pulls so you don't have any basis for dispute.  This tends to be more common for borderline credit profiles.

@jesseh wrote:
Any advice? I don't like Inq's..

They're only 10% (New Credit)

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

and they taper and fall off quickly.  Stop obsessing over them.  If you want to worry then start with worrying about the biggest slice first and then work your way down.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.