Did you mean: 

PenFed hates me....becoming mutual

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed hates me....becoming mutual

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
That's just crazy! I pay from a non-PenFed source, and it's credited that day.

So they have no issues with payments from outside sources, but they put the stink-eye on their own??

Like I said, I use them for credit, not for banking. sheesh

How long have you been a member?  The issue is not source, they said "any source" for "new members under 6 months."  The point is not how much or where it comes from or how they got it, just that I'm a new member and thus unworthy even of cash till I become a beautiful butterfly in 6 to 12 months Smiley Indifferent

And I am using them for credit too....but they make it impossible to pay them in a manner that is satisfactory that the funds are released or available in less than 10 days.  10 days is 1/3 of every month! 

Okay, rant over, thanks for listening.  Just don't like people doing that to MY MONEY!  Oops, guess I still had a little rant left in that last breath.

txjohn,

You have every right to blow a gasket.... Like you I understand new member "probation" period for credit. But I have never heard of bank account limitations above 30 days. (Mom/Pop banks included.)  Hold on checks sure...but on cash? You obviously have more patience than I do, all bank accounts would have been closed on the spot with checks returned to me by mail. Even if it involved a road trip. I can get a bit overheated in such matters.

Although its not public, they must be taking a beating in the crunch. Maybe members floating checks or god knows what else ?? Geez!

Lets start a countdown for your 6 month anniversary!! Just think you will be graduating from pull ups to big boy pants! Smiley Very Happy

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess if I had crap credit, extremely new credit, was real young or something, I'd understand more.

But I have 780-800 credit, 40 something years old, 6 figure income and was approved for $10k Visa....so it seems that I would not be such a huge risk that they can't take cash without a 10 day hold on funds Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Give what you get John. That's past ridiculous.
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

txjohn,

You have every right to blow a gasket.... Like you I understand new member "probation" period for credit. But I have never heard of bank account limitations above 30 days. (Mom/Pop banks included.)  Hold on checks sure...but on cash? You obviously have more patience than I do, all bank accounts would have been closed on the spot with checks returned to me by mail. Even if it involved a road trip. I can get a bit overheated in such matters.

Although its not public, they must be taking a beating in the crunch. Maybe members floating checks or god knows what else ?? Geez!

Lets start a countdown for your 6 month anniversary!! Just think you will be graduating from pull ups to big boy pants! Smiley Very Happy

Can I have the ones with race cars on them?!!!  Smiley Very Happy

race car pullups

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-27-2009 06:27 PM
Message 14 of 24
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Sure! How cute!!!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 15 of 24
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Tx----I just received my Addison card today Smiley Wink.  I don't think I'll go for the 3.41%, as I'd need to do the obligatory 12 debit card purchases per month.....

Sounds like your plan should be fine.  My CSUN credit union originally had a five business day turn time to PenFed.  The next payment credited at PenFed the next business day.  The most recent is taking the whole five busines days..... not too consistent.  I am setting up enough money in PenFed by small amount direct deposit to start transferring the payments next month.  We'll see...

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 24
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Yeah I am beginning to hate them too. They are doing alot of stupid stuff and they don't care. When you talk to the CSRs or through email, they are dismissive and blow you off. I was so thinking they were nice and better than most banks but they are just turning into not only as bad as them but also even worse in many ways. They are for example assessing me finance charges when according to their own policy if the balance is paid before the 25 day billing cycle, they should not. I have contacted them 3 times and they have not replied to me at all. Just ignored me. I don't have time to call them or I would and in the meantime two month of finance charges when according to terms, they should not. I have pulled most of my funds out of there and pretty much just use their credit card.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guardian wrote:
Yeah I am beginning to hate them too. They are doing alot of stupid stuff and they don't care. When you talk to the CSRs or through email, they are dismissive and blow you off. I was so thinking they were nice and better than most banks but they are just turning into not only as bad as them but also even worse in many ways. They are for example assessing me finance charges when according to their own policy if the balance is paid before the 25 day billing cycle, they should not. I have contacted them 3 times and they have not replied to me at all. Just ignored me. I don't have time to call them or I would and in the meantime two month of finance charges when according to terms, they should not. I have pulled most of my funds out of there and pretty much just use their credit card.

The PenFed credit card works fine.  I just can't seem to pay the dang thing in less than 10 days....and actually it was 15 days when you consider how long it took them to credit my wire transfer (5 days).  I mean, come on, holds on wire transfers for 3 days plus a weekend?.  10 day holds on cash payments?  

If I described what had happened, but made people guess the CCC, I bet I would get people saying First Premiere and like peers.

Message 18 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I write a paper check (shrieks!) on my Wachovia checking account, deposit it at my local CU's ATM (which is CU24) into my PenFed checking account, go home and immediately make a transfer from my checking account to my CC's. (I believe $1K of my deposit is immediately available.) The CC's reflect the payment the next day most of the time and only under very rare circumstances is it the second day. It is never later.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-27-2009 11:40 PM
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming you are all PenFed grown up (more than 6 months member old)?  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.