Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed how soon does it report

tag
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

PenFed how soon does it report

I was wondering if anyone knows how long penfed takes to start reporting once approved for a credit card?
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
recoverychick
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed how soon does it report

Mine was approved 9/12 and it reported about 10 days ago with the balance on the card at the time.  My first due date is 11/5.  I used it to service my Saab.  I'm glad I had paid most of it down but the time reported.
Message 2 of 6
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

The hard inq will show immediately.

The new account will report a few days after your statement closes. If you want to know the closing date for your statement call one of their excellent CSR's and ask.

I always PIF this account so it reports ZERO. The statement actually has always reported a MINUS because of the cashback. This is my favorite card. PenFed is a little idiosyncratic, but worth dealing with of you can cleat the bar.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 10-30-2008 11:45 PM
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

NowIcare signed:

NO SIGNATURE FOR ME

LOL, love the siggy.

Mine started reporting on my regular statement date, which is the first of the month. I don't remember if I asked for that date or just got lucky. I actually opened it on the 18th, I think it was.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved 9/13-ish and the Scorewatch alert for the new account came 10/6.  I'm still trying to find the statement as my payment was due 10/29/08 and there are no statements online and I never got a paper one.  My cashback credit hasn't posted either.  I made two payments prior to the due date so nothing should be late or anything.  I should probably suck it up and call so they can tell me how this works Smiley Happy
Message Edited by rmily on 11-02-2008 03:30 PM
Message 5 of 6
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved 9/13-ish and the Scorewatch alert for the new account came 10/6.  I'm still trying to find the statement as my payment was due 10/29/08 and there are no statements online and I never got a paper one.  My cashback credit hasn't posted either.  I made two payments prior to the due date so nothing should be late or anything.  I should probably suck it up and call so they can tell me how this works Smiley Happy
Message Edited by rmily on 11-02-2008 03:30 PM

1) Statements are available on-line. 

2) There is an opt-out for mailed statements. You may have taken it.

3) Cash back posts the day of the statement for the month ending. (This is of course assuming you have a Platinum Cash Rewards Card.) It is part of the closing process. You should be able to see it either on the statement image or in the transaction details. Both are available to you. Your payments should appear, too.

4) If you are having any problems with this you should call their CS. They are super nice and will help you immediately.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.