Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed mailing for Power Cash Rewards Visa in the snail mail today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed mailing for Power Cash Rewards Visa in the snail mail today

According to my USPS Informed Delivery digest, I've got an offer for a Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa - is this a new card? - coming in today. I also logged in a few minutes ago to my account to see what was new, and have the same offer. It has a 9.24% - 17.99% APR range on it online, though, so I suspect this is essentially a marketing offer which it'd be a roll of the dice to try applying for. As I mentioned in another thread just now, I ought to be eligible, since I have an active installment (used car) loan with them, to see my FICO score on PenFed's site but I can't find a link on my account page, so I'm missing key information. I do know that my Equifax FICO score - which PenFed used in approving my car loan - is way higher than my TU FICO score, which Discover and Synchrony are both showing me. So I'm kind of perplexed. Is anyone else getting these offers this week?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed mailing for Power Cash Rewards Visa in the snail mail today

@Anonymous wrote:

According to my USPS Informed Delivery digest, I've got an offer for a Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa - is this a new card? - coming in today. I also logged in a few minutes ago to my account to see what was new, and have the same offer. It has a 9.24% - 17.99% APR range on it online, though, so I suspect this is essentially a marketing offer which it'd be a roll of the dice to try applying for. As I mentioned in another thread just now, I ought to be eligible, since I have an active installment (used car) loan with them, to see my FICO score on PenFed's site but I can't find a link on my account page, so I'm missing key information. I do know that my Equifax FICO score - which PenFed used in approving my car loan - is way higher than my TU FICO score, which Discover and Synchrony are both showing me. So I'm kind of perplexed. Is anyone else getting these offers this week?

That is just a marketing offer that you're seeing.  The Power Cash Rewards Visa has been out for a couple months now.  As for your score showing, no one's score is showing right now which means they are doing their quarterly updates.  If a score is shown the link will be very visible in one of the boxes just above your accounts shown on the main menu.

Message 2 of 6
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Wow I have never heard of that USPS service before.  Unfortunately it's not available in my city.  Does it cost anything?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

Wow I have never heard of that USPS service before.  Unfortunately it's not available in my city.  Does it cost anything?

It's a free service that you can opt-in to from the USPS website, providing you have an account there (also free). I was in the beta for quite a while - I believe from 2014/15 on - and they rolled out Informed Delivery last year.  Essentially, every morning you get scanned images of the envelopes of whatever mail you're going to be receiving in your mailbox that day. Packages are handled differently, you follow them with the tracking number (which is nowadays free on just about every USPS parcel, there used to be a fee for it but not anymore on domestic mail) and you can set it up in My USPS - I'm pretty sure even if you can't get the Informed Delivery service yet, you can set up package tracking. I STRONGLY recommend both services.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is just a marketing offer that you're seeing.  The Power Cash Rewards Visa has been out for a couple months now.  As for your score showing, no one's score is showing right now which means they are doing their quarterly updates.  If a score is shown the link will be very visible in one of the boxes just above your accounts shown on the main menu.

OK, got it, thanks. I actually msg'ed Penfed to ask about that but if I'm eligible I suppose I'll be seeing it in a few more working days.

Message 5 of 6
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Surprised just checked USPS site, looks like it should be here by next week, will definitely be signing up!

Let us know if you decide to go for the Power card...I got one in Feb...thinking about asking for a CLI before my 90 days are up...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.