Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed no longer giving CLI ??!!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed no longer giving CLI ??!!

I would gladly help @Meanmchine but for the fact calling Penfed would be like calling the Devil and they are my kryptoniteSmiley Wink
Message 31 of 41
Jen-Jen
Established Member

Just this morning; I paid off my power cash rewards card with the intent to put a balance transfer on it. I needed just a bit more so I applied for a CLI and was denied. No mention of them no longer giving CLI or telling me to apply for a different acct. I actually called this afternoon to ask what is this derogatory event; i was told "my score" lol...The only derogatory I have had in the past two years was when I got in a car accident and the insurance paid off my loan in January but the credit union marked it "paid charge off", i was never late and was an error and it has been removed which i verified on all bureaus. I never got an alert of a HP on credit karma or creditchecktotal.com which i forgot to cancel and have the subscription this month. I asked if they pulled my credit he said yes but did not have access to it and told me to pull them myself.... 

I am feeling a bit negative about Penfed, they act like i am some loser. I almost don't want to put any balance transfer on it but trying to not let my emotions get involved with banking...  point is they never mentioned to me that they are not allowing CLI on credit cards. 

DECLINED 03/27/2019

Utilization of accounts, number of accounts, and/or a derogatory event
Utilization of accounts, number of accounts, and/or occurrence of a derogatory event

Message 32 of 41
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I was thinking of requesting a CLI on my Power Cash card that's in good standing (never carry a balance - always pay it off after every purchase!) and has gotten a lot of use lately and I noticed that the Request a Credit Limit Increase link is no longer there.  I realize this thread is a few months old now, but I wonder if this is just specific to me or if they removed it altogether for everyone elese?  I really would like to increase my limit a bit, but I don't want to have to apply for another card to do so.

Message 33 of 41
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Your post got me wondering. I just checked my online account and the request limit increase button is there. I will not touch it though. No point as they wont give me a CLI. I wont ask for anything more from PenFed. Just keep what I have and call it a day. They of course are free to offer a SP CLI which I most certainly would accept but that is unlikely to happen so not going to think about it.

Message 34 of 41
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

Your post got me wondering. I just checked my online account and the request limit increase button is there. I will not touch it though. No point as they wont give me a CLI. I wont ask for anything more from PenFed. Just keep what I have and call it a day. They of course are free to offer a SP CLI which I most certainly would accept but that is unlikely to happen so not going to think about it.

Surprisingly i got two CLIs on two of my penfed card and a new card on one single hard pull recently. So they still definitely giving CLIs. Though i got rejected multiple times in past.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just increased me from 5K to 15K instant, so i guess it's still possible. 768 EQ

Message 36 of 41
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Ok, so I've discovered it under "Applications" as opposed to "Account Actions" (which it disappeared from and now that I look again, it's there!).  Strange.  Sorry for any confusion I might have created.

Smiley Embarassed

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a pretty decent CLI from PenFed just a couple days ago. They pulled EQ.
Message 38 of 41
hzynneb
New Contributor

PenFed offer my dad tons of stuff including CLI every quarter. I just got a CLI with PenFed recently with preapproved offer. PenFed started offering me preapproved offers after being with them for 1 year. Every quarter I get offers... 

Message 39 of 41
rbentley
Established Contributor

I just received a $7,000 CLI from PenFed on my Power Cash card a few days ago. I just posted about this in another thread. The interesting wrinkle is that although it was a SP CLI as a result of an offer from them, I was already at 30,000. They granted the CLI but the system did not update to show it. When I called in they explain that they have now reduced the cap on all of their cards from $50,000 to $25,000. It is no longer possible to get a CLI which will take your CL above 25,000. They did make a one-time courtesy exception in my case as it was their error.
OP what was your CL before you requested the CLI? Perhaps this explains it. They are still granting CLIs, but not if it takes your new CL above $25,000.
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.