Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed pathfinder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed pathfinder

I have my first ever CC offer from PenFed and was offered this card and a promise card.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can only book the travel points through their portal or can you use an airline or hotel website?

Also, are these offers pretty good? I don’t make too much income (50k between being in coast guard and PT job). I have a three year old defender card from them already.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed pathfinder

@Anonymous wrote:
I have my first ever CC offer from PenFed and was offered this card and a promise card.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can only book the travel points through their portal or can you use an airline or hotel website?

Also, are these offers pretty good? I don’t make too much income (50k between being in coast guard and PT job). I have a three year old defender card from them already.

Congrats on the offer! I have the Pathfinder and tho I have no redeemed any points (I completely forgot to hit min spend to get the bonus). I have not heard of any other way to redeem other than thru their portal and I am not aware of any xfer partners, etc. 

I could definitely be wrong as I'm fairly new with them and don't use the card for much but I have not heard of anything other than their site.

Sadly I thru my research I have read that PenFed CC points are quite bottom rung when it comes to redemtion value.

Keep me posted how it goes!

Hope this helps slightly!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 2 of 5
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Yea I also have this card for about 6 months now. I have not yet used any points for anything yet. However, this coming year I have a lot of travel happening and I plan to put it through its paces to see how it hold up. Based on my research of PenFed’s reward portal I am at the moment not too impressed. I plan at the end of next year see what kind of points I have amassed and see what I can get with it. If at that time I am not happy with it I will cancel the card and move the limit over to my Power Cash card. So 2019 for me will be the year I will see if it’s worth it or not.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Pathfinder card is a no brainer.  Its a $0 annual fee card that has $100 annual air travel fee credit and $100 TSA PreCheck?Global Entry fee credit.  That's free money every year. 

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Where are you seeing or getting these offers, on their site while logged in? If so, they are legit!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.