Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed targeted email offer.

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

PenFed targeted email offer.

PenFed offer: 2% cash back (up to $25) at Amazon in July. Must spend a minimum of $50. They offered this on my gold card which is a no rewards card. I have Amazon Prime and PenFed PCR at 2% so I won’t be using it but it’s interesting. Probably sent this in lieu of any preapprovals in July. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed targeted email offer.

It appears to be an Amazon-driven offer, unless it's some sort of coincidence, because I received it on 3 other CU accounts (not PenFed).  The promo runs from Jul 1 - Jul 31.

Message 2 of 4
Hex
Valued Contributor

Now that you mention it they offered me 3X the points on my Navy Amex card at Amazon in July. Offers were from the CU’s.
Message 3 of 4
Hex
Valued Contributor

Here’s my conspiracy theory: I made a purchase at Amazon today with my Venture Card. Soon after I get an email from Capital One about Wikibuy which checks Amazon and other websites “for the best deal when you check out”. I’ve actually gotten a few emails from Capital One about this before but haven’t signed up because of privacy concerns. So my conspiracy theory is that Amazon is looking for ways to persuade you not to use Capital One. I don’t necessarily think this is true but it kinda makes me wonder.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.